• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Yellow Xweetok Fursuit

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Just started work on a new fursuit. The character is a Yellow Xweetok which is a species of pet from Neopets. She did have a name but I totally forgot it because it's been so long so I'll just rename her when I think up a good one. My fur should be arriving in a few days now so I can't wait to get started~

I'll be using a darker shade of brown and will probably take a few artistic liberties, but otherwise I'll do my best to be accurate to the species.

xweetok_yellow_baby.gif
xweetok_yellow_baby.gif
t_2147.gif
xweetok_yellow_left.gif
xweetok_yellow_baby.gif
xweetok_yellow_left.gif

For those curious about my last suit, here is a gallery of almost 100 pictures of him finalized and as a WIP:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741835.100003624213812&type=1&l=730946614f

I will be keeping my Facebook Album more up to date than here (just due to quantity of photos) so if you want to see every single update photo, click here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741839.100003624213812&type=1&l=6611ce2424

This will be my sixth head, sixth set of handpaws, fourth tail, third set of feetpaws, third bodysuit ever made 100% by me.

16716803@400-1433213732.jpg

I may or may not edit the ears to be a tad perkier. I like what I have going on (the expression this style makes versus just being more static) but I'll still consider making them more accurate. As you can see, the head is going to be huge! It's attached to a bike helmet to give the head stability when moving around. This is the largest head I've done so far so hopefully nothing gets screwed up, lol.

Last edited:

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I sure hope so. X3

I haven't made an intentionally cute suit yet so I'm hoping for the best.

hedgehog

I've been playing Neopets for just over 10 years, Seeing this thread made me happy because nobody ever talks about it any more c:

Is the mane going to be made of foam+fur or would it be 100% fur?

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I've been playing for about 11 or so years myself. :3 I also want to make an electric Ogrin fursuit and one for Tormund (Darkest Faerie). I chose this cutie to go first as I'm all striped out and I need to learn to make cosplay armor for the other suit. (Edit: The Altador Cup just reminded me that I'd also like to make one of the Gelert from Team Darigan)

I plan to make it fur and lots of kek-whatever-its-name-is for the mane (that hair extension stuff). I might add in some foam at the top of the head to help with the mane but I don't think I'll need it once I add all the hair stuff.

Last edited:

hedgehog

I Myself would like to eventually make a Darigan Ixi when I'm experienced enough (only just started planning my first fursuit)

I imagine making a plushie painted neopet would be quite fun as well

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I can see a plushie one being made out of fleece with really cute eyes. To emphasize the stitching, the maker would probably sew black yarn through different areas. X3

Omg :3 a Xweetok, the title of this thread just made my day, the good old times playing neopets, trying to get all the lab map pieces so I could paint my neopets over and over again
I'm sure the suit will look super cute, and the head already looks great

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I have a lot of memories for the site as well~ My lab has been a little turd lately. Dumb lab. XP

Thanks. :3

StarrySpelunker

Fully Certified Lurker

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Omg, my profile XD forgot I customized it once, guess I was both a geek and a furry already back then but didn't realize it
http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=feetie
lol. I'm pretty sure Neo helped spark several furries interests in anthros. The art contests are crawling with them. XD

What style of eyes will you be making for them? will you be using the standard toony or realistic eyes.

the japanese style might look lovely though especially if you want to get close to the Neopets image.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7365886/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14299305/

I'm going toony but will try to mimic the style. The main reason is that ventilation is already limited in the head (based on the way I built it) and sealing up the eyes will steal the main ventilation. I already have one open section above the mouth but I'd hate to rely on only that if I don't go toony. I want as much air as I can get, lol. I can look into getting a glossy acrylic spray when I seal the eye colors and coat the eye whites with nail polish though.

Last edited:

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Thankies~ I look forward to starting, lol.

Update:
Fabric.com screwed me over. I ordered a beautiful brown fur from them (stunning fur really, a tad darker but worth it) but they sent me some other junk instead. Returned it only for them to be out of stock and me just sitting there upset. Since it was a "special deal" fur, they aren't getting it back in and I have not been able to find it anywhere else. D:<

Instead I found a few substitutes so I just ordered swatches. Hopefully I can start work soon (there is some I can start on but I really like doing the ears first).
Eye plastics were ordered, foam and stuffing is ready to go, duct tape arrived, and paint is on standby. Just needing to buy the main fur, some new foamies, probably vinyl, extensions for the mane, and more thread.

GamingGal

Oh wow, I knew that word looked familiar! It's been so long since I was on Neopets, but man I used to be into it! I remember a friend and I stayed up all night one time trying to solve the flooding pipes of Altador in the water plant xD We ended up doing it, though. Many, many, many tabs and refreshes later. Funnily enough, my neopet was a Xweetok, too! She had light blue, kinda periwinkle hair, though, instead of that beautiful yellow yours is rocking.

Anyways! Looking forward to watching your progress on this suit as well :3 Expect me to pitch a tent here any day!

EDIT: Xweetok kind of remind me of the Squee from Myst: Exile. Linky, perhaps you agree? If not enjoy the cute Squee noises anyways <3

Last edited:

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I used to play it aaaaaall the time lol. I've been playing it again recently but not as obsessively. My biggest thing has always been pound surfing and KeyQuest. I've actually gotten some really cool prizes from it. :3 So that would be either the blue one or striped. Hmmm.... My main Xwee is colored ghost (and now has some wicked customization) but she used to be yellow.

Thank. :3 I finally have all fur and tape on standby. Just waiting on the eye plastic (I'm going 3d with a new style I learned so I'm waiting for the eye stuff before furring the face). Already painted the eyes (haven't sealed them yet) and ended up adding a tad of orange to the yellow.

Also that create does kinda remind me of them, lol.

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I haven't been ble t work on this at aaaaalll. D:<

Can't find basic foamies onlin (gunna try a few more places) and there are none locally (can't go into town until a least two weeks from now). Also can't find my dumb dremel to smooth out the eyes (sandpaper isn't working that well). Soooo, blaaaah.

Maybe I'll get the ears done soon or something.

I haven't been ble t work on this at aaaaalll. D:<

Can't find basic foamies onlin (gunna try a few more places) and there are none locally (can't go into town until a least two weeks from now). Also can't find my dumb dremel to smooth out the eyes (sandpaper isn't working that well). Soooo, blaaaah.

Maybe I'll get the ears done soon or something.

I know those feelings XD I started an my clay sculpt for my first head (resin) and it's laying around in a bag in the house (kinda creepy a shopped off head in a bag laying around) since it's so freaking hot that the clay is way to soft for decent sculpting