• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

You might be a child of the 80's if....

Axelfox

You remember when MTV was 22 hours of music,1 minute of news and 1 minute of interviews.

.. If Def Leppard is now considered "Classic Rock"(was listening to a classic rock station the other day and they played "pour some sugar on me", because isn't classic rock supposed to be 60's and 70's)

... If you hated Tipper for putting warning labels on CDs.

... If you actually know what "PMRC" meant.

feel free to add. :)

Woofi

..If you remember this shit.

And this is just epic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bto7l3cKhvk&NR=1

Woofi

I forgot about The Last Unicorn. My sister just bought the DVD recently, too. :

luckily I have no sentient memory of anything in the news till the mid 90's... and even then that was blurred until 2000 at which point clear until 12/31/2006 my 21st birthday..... at which point everythign has become fuzzy

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
Don't forget Never Ending Story neither.
Oh, just gotta add, but forget the sequels.

Woofi

Wolf-Bone said:

Gmork was my childhood hero.

Ceceil Felias

Never have I seen fail so huge
Wolf-Bone said:

Done and done!

I also remember The Last Unicorn.

Also, if "Never Gonna Give You Up" was catchy for an entirely non-memetic reason to you. 80's pop much?

Woofi

And we can't forget the most epic pop song since... EVAR. :shock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIzUD7FKcBk

Rilvor

Formal when angry
...If you remember when Metallica was good
...If you still listen to Motley Crue

The MTV one was definitely true. Although less so when I watched it, in about 1994-1995

Kajet

If you ever held a console controller that kind of look liked a phone... or if you have more than one copy of Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt

sgolem

Ceceil Felias said:
Also, if "Never Gonna Give You Up" was catchy for an entirely non-memetic reason to you. 80's pop much?
I was born in 86, so I'm more of a 90's kid. I do actually remember "Never Gonna Give You Up" being on the radio vaguely. Actually, some of my really early memories. I don't remember hearing it, but I remember remembering the song hearing it years later, if that makes sense.

What I found weird was when I heard Nirvana on a classic rock station. Damn, that makes me feel old.

you might be a child of the 80's if you:

Grew up listening to Queen's Radio Gaga on the radio
Consider Van Halen Classic Rock
When Mister Hooper on Sesame Stree Died and they explained it to Big Bird
Watched on TV: Thundercats, Popples, Silverhawks, Gummi Bears, Smurfs, Transformers, Bravestar, Rainbow Brite , She-Ra (or He-man, or both) Punky Brewster, or the Nintendo Power Hour.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
Ceceil Felias said:

Yep, I loved that song and so did my mom. I was born in '83, the year of the NES. I'm also pretty sure that was the year Hulk Hogan bodyslammed Andre The Giant, and I wasn't there for that, but I marked out when Ultimate Warrior beat Hogan to hold both titles.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
...You saw "Care Bears Movie" and the second one with the Devil-child.
...You remember "Akira".
...You remember how "The Black Cauldron" was rated "PG" and edit'd so it wouldn't be a "PG-13" or even "R" rating.
...you remember when even a cartoon that was rated "PG-13" was almost unheard of.
...You remember Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
...You saw "Secret of NIMH"
...You remember "Dragon's Lair"
...You played games like Centipede, Tempest, Pac-Man, Q-bert, and Ms. Pac-Man in the arcade.
...you bought an NES.
...You held the gun close to the screen to cheat at Duck Hunt.
...You hated the Dog in Duck Hunt.
...You remember the cheesy TV Cartoon for "Wizard of Oz" celebrating its 50-year anniversary.
...You remember one of the NES's competitors, the Sega Master System, and games like Alex Kidd and Wonder boy.
...You remember the Atari 5200.
...You played Maniac Mansion.
...you put the hamster in the microwave in Maniac Mansion and gave it to Weird Ed.
...you remember all the various ways to kill the kids in Maniac Mansion and how many ways there was to beat/screw up the game.
...You remember when you were a child and knew how to beat Leisure Suit Larry.
...You tried to replay Sierra games to break your score. You just HAD to get 222 out of 222 points...
...You paid money for the games the AVGN and the AVGkNockofs reviewed.
...You remember the 39 lives code to Contra.
...WELL EXCUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS! (Or was that 90's?)
...You remember finding out that All Dogs Go to HEaven.
...You saw "The Land Before Time". And I mean the ORIGINAL - not the shitty knockoffs.
...You remember when VHS was king.
...You remember the outrage when Custer's Revenge was released.

dragonfan

pac-man series [epic win]
turtle pies the ones from the ninja turtles [Yummy]
ninja turtle plushies

Ceceil Felias

Never have I seen fail so huge
Digitalpotato said:
...You saw "Secret of NIMH"
Actually, I read the original book years later. Crazy, eh?

...You held the gun close to the screen to cheat at Duck Hunt.
...You hated the Dog in Duck Hunt.
If I see that fucking cat dog one more time...

...You remember the 39 lives code to Contra.
...WELL EXCUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS! (Or was that 90's?)
Up up down down left right left right B A start. The konami code's popular culture now, though.

Also, the Zelda cartoon was based on the classic, so I'm assuming 80's.