• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

you shave your fur?

Facial Fur/hair

• Yes i let it grow long and wild,

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • No i keep it shaved

Votes: 48 77.4%

• Total voters

SnowFox

Hair. Facial HAIR, not fur.

Mine grows incredibly slowly (so far) so I think I've shaved it maybe ONCE, when some particularly ugly coarse hairs started showing up amidst the "normal" slightly coarse hair. I also have a patch of the stuff that seems to be spreading from my chin to lower lip very gradually, probably shave that too before too long. I don't care for facial hair usually.

I envy you!

Yes I shave when I can be bothered or when my face feels sore. I hate it.

Talvi

Meh. I need one of those electric razors, all I have left to shave with are some cheap already-used disposables. Won't be fun.

WetWolf

Mexican Wolf
ive got a goatee and a stash i keep my goatee about 2-3 inches long

Laze

Big 'Modo
Usually once or twice a week. I kinda like facial hair, but I really do not have the patience to go out of my way and fashion myself some kind of goatee, soul patch anything like that so I end up just getting rid of it as a whole anyways. It can get rather thick if I just leave it - rather curly too which I find extremely odd.

Can't use an electric razor though, I'd sooner use a regular manual one...

Speaking of which... *rubs his chin with the back of his hand*

I must admit, I am partial to the smell of aftershave. Though I only tend to stick the one brand as I'm a little fussy like that. Anything else, like deodorant, antiperspirant, couldn't give a damn. But aftershave and shaving foam has to be a particular type. Just because I like this particular brands smell.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Trim the mustache every other day, shave the rest of the face twice a day due to noon o'clock shadow.

Worn out too many Norelco electric razors in my life.:cool:

Kellan

Jack

yes and no. yes I shave it, but I also grow it in different styles. EX: the chinstrap, the soal patch goatee combo, the mustache goatee combo, and yes also the mountian man.

PaulShepherd

Hawt Dawg
Ever since I have facial HAIR, I shave it like once or twice a month, but only where I don't want it, and I let my beard grow. Btw, it's barely noticeable since it's blond.

Milo Foxbrush

I usually shave everyday or every couple of days depending on how quick it grows. Face fungus only makes me look like some kind of evil overlord... Which is something I don't want.

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
I shave most of mine, except for a little soul patch under my lip. Shave a great deal of ah... body area at that. Can't stand body hair - find it very repulsive.

See, if it were a nice thick coat of fur, that'd be cool. If it were completely hairless, that's fine too. Instead, we get this sorta half-assed hair happening as humans which is just a waste of protein. Ick.

Huh..so it's called a soul patch. Learn something new every day *G*.

You know, I always wondered about that. For insulation, human body hair is terrible. All fur or no fur, I say. What we do have is for pheromones, I suppose, and we (girls anyway) shave that off, so it's useless.

We took a weird detour with evolution, I think :p

Absinthe

Consume in moderation
No.

If I did have facial hair to shave, then there is something seriously wrong.

Teracat

FIESTA
Now that we've established it's facial hair we're talking about, I feel safe.

I look uglier with facial hair, plus I refuse to endure the Itchy Phase. Screw you, No Shave November.

Oidhche-Yorath

Banned
Banned
I do, but I keep a goatee.

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
Huh..so it's called a soul patch. Learn something new every day *G*.

You know, I always wondered about that. For insulation, human body hair is terrible. All fur or no fur, I say. What we do have is for pheromones, I suppose, and we (girls anyway) shave that off, so it's useless.

We took a weird detour with evolution, I think :p

Heh, don't think that soul patch is the formal name, but that's what most folks call it. And some guys do shave stuff as well down in the neither regions. :p Serves no purpose to have anything there (no positive ones anyway). Would be nice if someone came up with an easy (and remotely affordable) means of permenantly getting rid of body hair. :/

Absinthe

Consume in moderation
Heh, don't think that soul patch is the formal name, but that's what most folks call it. And some guys do shave stuff as well down in the neither regions. :p Serves no purpose to have anything there (no positive ones anyway). Would be nice if someone came up with an easy (and remotely affordable) means of permenantly getting rid of body hair. :/

I'm inclined to agree with you. I really can't stand body hair, especially in certain areas. Sure on some people it isn't that bad, but for many it isn't. And even though I can get away with not shaving (seeing how I'm blonde everywhere), doesn't mean I like it any more. Its more of a nuisance than anything.

Stratelier

I shave the beard, but the mustache I trim only when it gets in the way. I get my hair cut maybe twice a year. And . . . that's it.

T

Tycho

If I were gonna grow serious facial hair, I'd go for some crazy Fu Manchu shit and dye it electric blue. And shave most of my head except for a little topknot, and dye that too. Fuck yeah.

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..

And painless. With some treatments you either risk getting a chemical burn or you rip the hairs out by their roots in one go *wince*

Masakuni

I don't have fur, but if you're referring to facial hair, then I do shave my 'stache and goatee every other week, or whenever it grows enough to get annoying.

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
I'm inclined to agree with you. I really can't stand body hair, especially in certain areas. Sure on some people it isn't that bad, but for many it isn't. And even though I can get away with not shaving (seeing how I'm blonde everywhere), doesn't mean I like it any more. Its more of a nuisance than anything.

*nods* Few people can pull of making body hair look good. Never met one yet. :p Worse thing is the older you get (and doesn't matter if your male or female) the more keeps showing up in all places. Blah.

And painless. With some treatments you either risk getting a chemical burn or you rip the hairs out by their roots in one go *wince*

*frowns* Aye... you think with all the great advances we've made, someone would have figured out a better way by now. :/

i shave mine =], but i have a thing for scruffy guys ^^

Everyone's got different tastes. For as many people that loath any trace of body hair, there's gonna be people that love it.

Diego117

ALLLBATROSSSSS!!!
I had a full beard over the summer but trimmed it down to a soul patch and chin hair. I think it fits me rather well.

jagdwolf

Just a simple innocent Wolf
first off I do have fur.

My family is part bigfoot. My grandmother had a picture of my grandfather in a swim suit, you would swear that someone grabbed an ape and put some trunks on him.

I have fur everywhere, front back ears. I hate shaving, its really a pita. however, I have to be in public so I keep a gotee and stache. However, someome mentions shaving down below, I do, been doing that since I was 13. My girlfriend said if there was fur she would not be there. So we both shaved. and have not stopped all these years.

But I hate shaving, worked for Walt Disney World, and in my contract, I had to visit the barber on mainstreet or down in the tunnels 2x a day because my 5 oclock shadow comes in at noon.