• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

-You Should Try Fighting-

DevistatedDrone

Poops in toilets.
I did most of my fighting in high-school when I was a little angsty cunt who got offended when someone would say that I fucked my own mother. Never really "lost" a fight because they would always be broken up before a victor was decided.

But I did get jumped last year. I was able to throw some really hard hits and cause a nose bleed before getting slashed and played dead/dying while they stole my shit. By the way, no matter how tough you think and how many years of bullshit self-defense classes you take, never fight back when you get mugged by more than one person. Best self defense is common sense.

So, yeah. Never really understood why people liked waving their dicks about classes.

Last edited:

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
Sooner or later someone is going to want to hit you, or kill you, it's just a matter of time.

Maybe, but the odds of anyone going through with that are somewhat significantly lower.

Basically there's a reason why "people who don't practice martial arts but are not dead" are a statistically relevant section of the population.

Depending on where you live, what you do, and whether or not you're a complete asshole to everyone you meet, you may not actually ever need to defend yourself.

"BUT IT COULD STILL HAPPEN!"

Yeah. True. But there's a practically endless list of things that could also happen. Insisting that is is absolutely essential that everyone spend a huge amount of time preparing for one possible risk when all that preparedness might just go completely to waste on the one time you get to use it is silly.

Plus, not everyone can be a self-defense master. I could spend years mastering half a dozen different martial arts and I still wouldn't have depth perception, motor control, proper nutrition, or bones that don't sound like Chinese firecrackers when I stretch. I would also still have a large tic that goes off any time I'm excited or angry... like, you know... when I'm in a fight or something.

Kung-fu or no, if my mugger isn't an obese, unarmed neck beard in a motorscooter I am going to be in some deep shit. Maybe I can convince him I'm having a stroke.

DevistatedDrone

Poops in toilets.
Probably because this thread is about self defense and martial arts classes.

Maybe.
I'm actually referring to people outside of this thread. Now that I think about it, I really didn't make that clear. It must be just shit luck with me; The people I meet just happen to mention and not cease to mention the classes they take.

Riley

Watch out for snakes!
Honestly, the best martial arts instructors (not styles, this is important) are the ones that aren't out to make you a killing machine, but want to teach you to learn how to use your body to a fuller extent. Yeah, you're going to learn self defense, or striking, or how to fight, or whatever you want to call it, but it's important to know that regular practice will just be overall good for you. Improved reflexes, better balance, better situational awareness, better spatial awareness, and of course it's good exercise.

Just because I (and others) spent time learning a martial art of our choosing doesn't mean all we learned was how to throw a good punch.

I'm actually referring to people outside of this thread. Now that I think about it, I really didn't make that clear. It must be just shit luck with me; The people I meet just happen to mention and not cease to mention the classes they take.
Oh. Well, I sure sound like an asshole now. Sorry 'bout that; my mistake.

Corto

I've never been in a fight.

Well, ok, that's a lie. I've been in very drunken, very lame "fights". Once when I was 16 and suffering from alcohol poisoning a friend woke me up after I passed out at a party, and my immediate reaction was punching him in the face. I KO'd him right there and then, with that single hit, which is funny because this guy was some 20 kilos heavier than me, pure muscle mass, and at least 30 cm taller. I was a jelly donut. And he was sober. We still can't figure that one out, just a lucky shot I guess. But most of the times when I've been in situations where it's obvious a fight is afoot, I somehow talk the people out of it. Not because I'm a pussy (which I am) but because I really think fights are a last resource kind of thing.

Now, I really wanted to get into fighting, as a sport I mean. I really need to work out and no other sport motivates me. But I'm too poor for it, which is the dumbest excuse but still true. I was gonna buy a punching bag from a friend that no longer uses his, at least to have something to do when I'm alone and bored, but I couldn't afford it (I'm reaching that point in my life when what little money is left after paying the bills can barely pay for my fags). Besides I think I have some issues because I usually start punching my walls but after I was left with bleeding knuckles last time I stopped it.

Gavrill

ladies~
I've never been in a fight...per se?

Although my sister tried to strangle me twice so it probably would have been useful to have learned how to punch pure lard.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Or, if he's not retarded, he'll keep a safe 2+ meter distance while holding the gun at you, rendering all of your martial arts training useless.

Or, as an alternative, he'll just kick you in the nuts and have you down toot sweet!

Oh, no martial arts here, but I did do some fencing in college... broke a foil into three pieces, once.

Volkodav

Dad****er
what makes me laugh is when people say how theyre gonna beat up a bugger** and totally kick his ass dude like totally
chances are if a mugger is willing to grab you in the first place, he's gonna grab you if he thinks he can take you on. Also, chances are you aren't stronger than an angry grown man that wants to forcibly hold you down, beat the shit out of you and take your stuff.

just saying :)
& before anybody goes hurr durr clay you cant take on a muger either
no, I cant. i probably wouldnt stand a chance against an angry grown man who sneaks up on me and wants to kill me. thats why i always carry a knife on me because it gives me a chance
i am just a wee baby child. im only 5'9 who do you think I am bitch some sort of
macho man randy savaga

** This was a typo. I am not changing it. Its too funny

Last edited:

Kryn

Flyin' Sooo High
I took tae kwon do starting in 7th grade, around 8th I had enough confidence to get into a fight with this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdDy996a0Ro&feature=youtu.be&t=1m28s (Elijah Mccall) He had at least 40 pounds on me at that age.

Yeah he won the fight, really it was one good punch that I got right back up from before the fight was broke up. Dude had been fucking with me the whole year and never said shit to me after I stood up to him. Still, taking self defense classes only made me confident enough where I made dumb decisions to get into fights in the first place.

Volkodav

Dad****er
I took tae kwon do starting in 7th grade, around 8th I had enough confidence to get into a fight with this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdDy996a0Ro&feature=youtu.be&t=1m28s (Elijah Mccall) He had at least 40 pounds on me at that age.

Yeah he won the fight, really it was one good punch that I got right back up from before the fight was broke up. Dude had been fucking with me the whole year and never said shit to me after I stood up to him. Still, taking self defense classes only made me confident enough where I made dumb decisions to get into fights in the first place.
self-defense classes are called self-defense classes because the tactis taught in them are not good for offensive fighting, only defensive.

I honestly don't think that muggers will mug you without a weapon either.
But I lived in Miami so it may be different in different places.

they dont know i have a knife on me. you can't open-carry weapons.
EDIT: OH you mean the MUGGER has a weapon too
maybe! but i will counter his weapon with my weapon

i go out wakling around at ~4AM every night. ive been bothered a couple times but never mugged.
one time i saw a naked man standing in the middle of the street

Kryn

Flyin' Sooo High
self-defense classes are called self-defense classes because the tactis taught in them are not good for offensive fighting, only defensive.

Oh please, tae kwon do is definitely not "self defense only"

Volkodav

Dad****er
Oh please, tae kwon do is definitely not "self defense only"
self
defense
classes

you do not pick a fight with someone or go to kick someones ass thinking you can take them with self-defense tactics.

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
I wrassel. I wrassel good.

Littlerock

numb with cold
I want a pair of assassin's hidden mounted arm blades, for just such an occasion that somebody tries to knock me down in the street. Because generally, seeing two blades appear on your opponent suddenly is enough to make you pause and re-assess the situation. Even if it does stall them for only a second, that's one more second that I have to get the fuck out of there.

Gavrill

ladies~
maybe! but i will counter his weapon with my weapon

i go out wakling around at ~4AM every night. ive been bothered a couple times but never mugged.
one time i saw a naked man standing in the middle of the street
i can just imagine some mugger walking up to you and he's all GIMMIE YO MONEY and pulls out a pocket knife so then you take your giant animal-butcher-knife (i bet you have one) and you can say something cheesy like "That's not a knife, this is a knife" and then he runs away like a scared little bitch

also i need sleep.

Volkodav

Dad****er
I want freddy krueger claws to climb trees

i can just imagine some mugger walking up to you and he's all GIMMIE YO MONEY and pulls out a pocket knife so then you take your giant animal-butcher-knife (i bet you have one) and you can say something cheesy like "That's not a knife, this is a knife" and then he runs away like a scared little bitch

also i need sleep.

i do have one
one time my bro tried fighting me when i had it in my hand
big mistake bitch

VoidBat

I practiced boxing for a few months.
Until I realised that no one wants to spar with the short guy who's punches solely land below the belt. Of course, there where other guys in my height class, but they were too frail and didn't put up much of a fight.