• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

-You Should Try Fighting-

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
I want a pair of assassin's hidden mounted arm blades, for just such an occasion that somebody tries to knock me down in the street. Because generally, seeing two blades appear on your opponent suddenly is enough to make you pause and re-assess the situation. Even if it does stall them for only a second, that's one more second that I have to get the fuck out of there.
I want those simply because they sound fucking awesome. Not to mention they kick total ass in Deus Ex :p

I used to collect swords and shit, some movie replicas. I stopped because they are fuckall expensive. But, there are a few exceptions I would make. Something like that would be one of them. A set of Predator blades would be the other.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Rules for fighting:

If you pull it, use it.

Try to pull it when they aren't looking, this makes things easier.

Don't stick around.

Go for the balls if ya gotta.

Cardio.

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?
Hmmm... having thought about this, I came to a few realizations. Being that I'm borderline schizophrenic, have disassociation syndrome, and tend to black out when I get angry, learning a more efficient way to hurt people may not be a good idea in my case. I'll stick with my current plan of avoiding those situations in the first place, and if I can't avoid them, then anything within arm's reach is a weapon and "rules of fighting" are for pussies who can't fight.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I took karate for a year. Had a blast. I just wish I had the time to stick with it.

Littlerock

numb with cold
I want those simply because they sound fucking awesome. Not to mention they kick total ass in Deus Ex :p

I used to collect swords and shit, some movie replicas. I stopped because they are fuckall expensive. But, there are a few exceptions I would make. Something like that would be one of them. A set of Predator blades would be the other.
I'm ashamed to say that if I ever did buy a pair, I'd also purchase an Altair cosplay outfit, and learn parkour. Then I'd get into all kinds of shenanigans, and probably get arrested. :0 I always wanted to start collecting shitty swords, but mostly I just wanted a Hylian Master Sword (the orig. version of it, with the brown and red hilt) to hang on my wall. Someday.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen

Lomberdia

Selling bookmarks!
The very few fights I got in were simple:
Step 1)Talk it out
Step 2)If #1 fails, kick in balls and punt their face like a football
Step 3)Usually wins after step 2.

Judo is the style for the non-aggressive person, and for small people (not me, I'm 5'10" 210lbs). My female cousin likes to fight me (for fun) she's into Aikido so we usually just go in circles and toss each other. Current score Me: 6, Her: 7 (I think). I really think any teacher that focus on purely patterns (kata i think it's called) is pure BS and is 100% worthless in a real fight. Sparing has rule you must follow (which isn't at all realistic) and tournament fighting is just a sport and nothing more.

Xenke

I don't pick fights and people don't pick fights with me.

I must be doing something wrong.

EDIT: Funny story though, once someone said they'd never pick a fight with me because they said I was too intimidating. I don't know what that's about. [noparse]>:?[/noparse]

Last edited:

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.
I can reasonably fight. Took martial arts classes for a few years, became competent and have kept in decent shape since I stopped. So my concerns nowadays don`t really centre on being able to defend myself from fights.

Of far more concern to me is the creepy clown under my bed that wants to eat my soul... :V

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
I do find myself interested in Jiu-Jitsu for its "Use your enemy's strength against himself" ideology.

Volkodav

Dad****er
Hmmm... having thought about this, I came to a few realizations. Being that I'm borderline schizophrenic, have disassociation syndrome, and tend to black out when I get angry, learning a more efficient way to hurt people may not be a good idea in my case. I'll stick with my current plan of avoiding those situations in the first place, and if I can't avoid them, then anything within arm's reach is a weapon and "rules of fighting" are for pussies who can't fight.
I dnt think you understand what schizophrenia, disassociation, is OR what blacking out is

schizophrenia does not make someone "insane" or violent.

Last edited:

Gavrill

ladies~
:1

Schizophrenia has nothing to do with violence, DID (not "dissociation symptoms", if you're going to lie, lie with research) doesn't make you black out, it's the new name for MPD. Jesus everything about this is more like a Mary Sue character than a person

Last edited:

Hateful Bitch

Hang up your coat
I think I get what you mean when you say 'blacking out'
I mean I got so nerd rage once when I was younger I started shouting at someone and apparently I was saying all this rubbish I don't remember. I vaguely recall the start of the fight and waking away but nothing in between

glad it's only happened the once it's just embarrassing :/

Gavrill

ladies~
I can kind of understand where it's going along, I think everyone's experienced a stressful situation they can't remember well because they blocked it from memory (not on purpose, of course, but it happens a lot).

But claiming schizophrenia? The hell?

moonchylde

OK, ya'll totally missed the point of what I was saying. Yes, I'm schizophrenic. I have been diagnosed as such, as well as the rest I mentioned. No, I never said that it alone made me violent. My shrink called it disassociation syndrome, I basically consider human life no more important then the life of a character in a movie. As for blacking out, I've done this during the last two fights I have been in, and frankly I don't like coming to with a bunch of people holding me down so I didn't kill the fucker I was fighting. That is why I avoid fighting; I have no desire to wake up in a prison cell and have no idea how I got there. I don't know what causes it (I never said it was "DID", as you put it), I just know I prefer to avoid it entirely.

TL;DR: I'm fucking nuts, I don't care what you think, and I find it easier to avoid fighting then risk snapping and killing someone.

And honestly, I don't care if you think I'm lying, or if you think I'm some sort of lunatic character. For all I know you're just a figment of my imagination anyway.

Volkodav

Dad****er
OK, ya'll totally missed the point of what I was saying. Yes, I'm schizophrenic. I have been diagnosed as such, as well as the rest I mentioned. No, I never said that it alone made me violent. My shrink called it disassociation syndrome, I basically consider human life no more important then the life of a character in a movie. As for blacking out, I've done this during the last two fights I have been in, and frankly I don't like coming to with a bunch of people holding me down so I didn't kill the fucker I was fighting. That is why I avoid fighting; I have no desire to wake up in a prison cell and have no idea how I got there. I don't know what causes it (I never said it was "DID", as you put it), I just know I prefer to avoid it entirely.

TL;DR: I'm fucking nuts, I don't care what you think, and I find it easier to avoid fighting then risk snapping and killing someone.

And honestly, I don't care if you think I'm lying, or if you think I'm some sort of lunatic character. For all I know you're just a figment of my imagination anyway.
Schizophrenia has nothing to do with ability to fight.
[yt]kvdw4b7tC-8[/yt]

"I basically consider human life no more important then the life of a character in a movie. "
That is not what a dis-associative disorder is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_disorder

Gavrill

ladies~
...Yeah. That's really badass.

There is no such thing as disassociation syndrome. And schizophrenia and dissociation shouldn't make you "fucking nuts". Nor should they make you disregard human life.

If we did matter as much as characters in a movie, you would be a sociopath, which I don't believe you are, because you're reacting as if someone insulted you personally, when they're not supposed to matter at all.

In other words, I think you're fishing for attention.

Hateful Bitch

Hang up your coat
I'm fucking nuts, I don't care what you think, and I find it easier to avoid fighting then risk snapping and killing someone.

looooooool

do you have a webcam?
BETTER SHUT IT OFF
THEY MIGHT BE WATCHING YOU

Volkodav

Dad****er
looooooool

do you have a webcam?
BETTER SHUT IT OFF
THEY MIGHT BE WATCHING YOU
thats not funny, people actually do that
there was a man who hacked his way into a girls webcam by getting her to download some sorta fake facebook thing, and he watched her through her webcam, even when she wasnt using it.
i think he got arrested cause she was underage

moonchylde

OK, how about this. Forget everything I said before. I was trying to make a statement, not a point... but it doesn't matter. I'm not taking personal insult, I'm pissed off and aggravated that people keep twisting my words around, just like you're probably going to twist this statement around. Whatever. Let's re-phrase what I said earlier in a way that might actually stay on topic, before this dissolves into yet another infraction on my part: I don't want to learn how to fight in a style because I'm afraid that the temptation to use that knowledge would be too great, as I'm already fighting the urge to harm random people without cause on a nearly daily basis. I'm sorry if I got the terminology wrong; I'm not a shrink, or even better, a first-year psych student. And I really don't fucking care. OK? I didn't even want to go this far with it; I really didn't expect it to go past the first post.

So, back on topic, yeah, fighting styles, fuck yeah, whatever.