• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.
N

Nyro46

Just keep in mind that you can never fully trust anyone. ESPECIALLY when it comes to certain . . . topics. For example, don't let random people on the internet "show you the ropes" of anything sexual in nature, no matter how much you think you trust them (especially if you are underage!! That should already be a given). While I'm sure there are people who would have good intentions, if you get mixed up with the wrong people, they can attempt to groom you and push you in a very wrong direction, like trying to tell you certain things are "perfectly normal/acceptable" when they actually aren't. If you're in doubt, do some research or get second opinions. This can seriously save you from being manipulated into doing things you'll regret later on (and these kinds of people can try to use against you). This hasn't only happened to me but I've also heard about it happening to other people too, so I'd like to prevent people from getting messed up and having to live with that for the rest of their lives . . . :confused: You have to always be looking out for yourself first, it may sound selfish but it can really save you from getting hurt sometimes. People can try to use pity cards on you or guilt trip you and whatnot (multiple people have done this against me) to make you feel bad for them or prevent you from bailing from something. Like, honestly, I've noticed a pattern that if anyone comes to you and right away says something to the effect of "no one ever wants to be friends with me", there may be a good reason why. At least this is based on my own experiences as well as stories I've heard from friends / other people.

quoting_mungo

1) Make a Kiwifarms.net account
2) Go to the "Animal Control" section
2) Read/discuss the threads talking shit about certain furries (KeroTheWolf, Snakething, I<3Beastiality, for example)
3) Don't do anything that those certain furries did.

Basically, keep your nose clean and don't get yourself into drama and you should be fine.
Orrr you could just stay away from Kiwifarms, ED, and other cesspits of drama like them, and exercise some common sense. There's no need to delve into that sort of toxic environment just to find examples of how other people have fucked up.

Orrr you could just stay away from Kiwifarms, ED, and other cesspits of drama like them, and exercise some common sense. There's no need to delve into that sort of toxic environment just to find examples of how other people have fucked up.
Especially considering KF's long history of harassing and doxing queer people until they're suicidal. Maybe not a great environment to expose yourself to.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
1. Eat your vegetables
2. Go to school
3. Stay out of adult spaces
4. Stay away from Twitter
5. No, you don't need to "come out" as a furry.
1) Make a Kiwifarms.net account
2) Go to the "Animal Control" section
2) Read/discuss the threads talking shit about certain furries (KeroTheWolf, Snakething, I<3Beastiality, for example)
3) Don't do anything that those certain furries did.

Basically, keep your nose clean and don't get yourself into drama and you should be fine.
Do absolutely none of these things kids
KiwiFarms exists for the sole purpose of harassing people
They thrive on other's suffering and do everything in their power to dox and harass others under the guise of laughing at people. And laughing at people is bad in and of itself. They also make it impossible for people to find peace and essentially act as police without any of the rules police are supposed to follow.

Speaking of Encyclopedia Dramatica, the sites actually down right now. Turns out that they're newest admin went to legit prison so now they're looking for a sixth administrator.
Lol that sounds about right. I heard the most recent admin had fraud charges but that's not why he's in prison now, there's something else.

Guess it takes a special kind of person to run a site like that.

TheCynicalViet

Lol that sounds about right. I heard the most recent admin had fraud charges but that's not why he's in prison now, there's something else.

Guess it takes a special kind of person to run a site like that.
I don't personally use ED, I've only skimmed some articles and I didn't like their style of writing. Also, the website was filled with viruses. I do know that the administrator of Kiwifarms, Joshua KKK Moon, is a feeder and extreme fat fetishist but I like that the site has extra sections for hobbies and other miscellaneous discussion. Like when they're done gossiping, you could go and talk about music or videogames or TV shows and even post your artwork.

D

Deleted member 134556

I have no problem with young furries. If you are young and like the furry fandom than I encourage you to take part in it and express your creativity.

Omny87

Posting so you don't have to
This goes for anything, but especially the furry fandom: think critically about what others say and believe; dont just believe what people say just because it sounds "right" or it fits your own beliefs. Its good to be open minded and this fandom encourages that, but if you keep your mind open without watching what goes in it, people will fill it with garbage.

Also, while the furry fandom is more open about sexuality and kinks than most, try and be courteous about expressing your kinks. Your personal page is free game, but outside of that, try and "read the room"- unless you're commenting in a thread about your kinks or whatever, try and keep your fetishes to yourself unless you feel the conversation really calls for it. Fetishes aren't anything to be ashamed of, but not everyone is into the same things you are and it can make people very uncomfortable talking about stuff they're not into if they didn't ask.

ferretsage

What advice would you give to Young Furries? What are your thoughts on Young Furs?

ADVICE FOR YOUNG FURRIES

1. Get out before you're 30.
1A. Hell, get out before you're 22.

This next rule goes quintuple if you're alone and the fandom is your only source of perceived comfort in life.

*imagine your screen goes dark grey and the following text slowly scrolls upwards on it in neon-green 16point font text with klaxon alarms going off as though you had just armed a nuclear bomb*

4211591a.gif

AdenineWolf

Totally being sane and metaphysical rn
ADVICE FOR YOUNG FURRIES

1. Get out before you're 30.
1A. Hell, get out before you're 22.

This next rule goes quintuple if you're alone and the fandom is your only source of perceived comfort in life.

*imagine your screen goes dark grey and the following text slowly scrolls upwards on it in neon-green 16point font text with klaxon alarms going off as though you had just armed a nuclear bomb*

View attachment 81593
How.....
In the HELL...
Did you do that??? :0

ferretsage

How.....
In the HELL...
Did you do that??? :0

It's an animated GIF I made from an online GIF generator using a 5minute MSPaint drawing as a template. icons8.com: Animizer.net - animated GIF/APNG from static image

I, then, had to open it up in GIMP because the framerate didn't save right and I had to re-edit the delay rate manually for all 40 frames. Tch, the lengths I go to pretend to be cool.

EDIT: You can then select "Upload a file" on the post options to this message board, select "full image" on the attachment below your post, then drag and drop where you want it in your message.

AdenineWolf

Totally being sane and metaphysical rn
It's an animated GIF I made from an online GIF generator using a 5minute MSPaint drawing as a template. icons8.com: Animizer.net - animated GIF/APNG from static image

I, then, had to open it up in GIMP because the framerate didn't save right and I had to re-edit the delay rate manually for all 40 frames. Tch, the lengths I go to pretend to be cool.

EDIT: You can then select "Upload a file" on the post options to this message board, select "full image" on the attachment below your post, then drag and drop where you want it in your message.
Lol The fact that you took the time to make this says a lot of cool stuff about you (^///^)
Good job tho i've never thought FAF would let you do that :p

ChipperChip

Don't overthink the characters you create. If you wanna make a gaudy wolf with a bajillon powers or something go for it. I wish someone told me back then so I wouldn't have felt self conscious and shame for making certain types of characters.

Please please please be careful when interacting in the fandom. As much as people like to say otherwise this fandom doesn't tend to be forgiving to minors

Also just exercise common sense and don't lie about your age to get into adult spaces. That's safer for both you and the adults.

Similarly, don't share personal information with others. Speak up if someone is being weird to you. If an adult is trying to do NSFW rp shit with you while knowing full well you're underage, run. Run far, far away. You may think you're not like other kids and mature enough to handle it, but you're not.

Be nice and all that, blah, blah, blah.

quoting_mungo

If an adult is trying to do NSFW rp shit with you while knowing full well you're underage, run. Run far, far away. You may think you're not like other kids and mature enough to handle it, but you're not.
I personally would look at this slightly differently. Let’s say you are not like the other kids and are mature enough to handle the NSFW content. For the sake of argument.

That doesn’t mean that an adult who knowingly tries to get you involved in NSFW roleplay isn’t just about the last person who should probably be roleplaying NSFW with minors.

Basically, if I’m immune to poison I still should probably be wary about trusting someone who wants to give it to me.

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
I personally would look at this slightly differently. Let’s say you are not like the other kids and are mature enough to handle the NSFW content. For the sake of argument.

That doesn’t mean that an adult who knowingly tries to get you involved in NSFW roleplay isn’t just about the last person who should probably be roleplaying NSFW with minors.

Basically, if I’m immune to poison I still should probably be wary about trusting someone who wants to give it to me.

I have yet to meet a minor who is as mature as they think they are, when it comes to handling adult situations.

But, yes, young furs NEED to be honest about their age. I had one young fur contact me earlier this year, wanting to talk about "adult" things, and saying it wasnt' fair that he couldn't find adults who would RP NSFW stuff with a minor. I flat out told him that it was because people didn't want to get in trouble. He honestly had no idea that an adult can get in MAJOR trouble, being listed as a sexual predator, for talking about that stuff with someone they know is a minor, even if the minor initiated it.

So. . .young ones. . .if you are not an adult, do NOT even TRY to get adults in the fandom to talk about that stuff, or share art of that stuff with you. Just don't.

Filter

uwu
Get involved with the creative side of things. Draw, write, sew a costume, make music, and have fun with it! Find friends your own age, let your parents or guardian know where you are, and avoid the creepers.

If you're into NSFW material, keep that to yourself until you're older.

quoting_mungo

I have yet to meet a minor who is as mature as they think they are, when it comes to handling adult situations.
I just figure it’s easier and more likely to be successful to allow for the possibility and point out that most adults willing to have those roleplays with you may not have snow white intentions. If nothing else it’s easier to relate to risks than adults saying “you’re too young for this.” (I also know that the young and stupid things I did at 17 were not significantly different in character from the ones I did at 18.)

He honestly had no idea that an adult can get in MAJOR trouble, being listed as a sexual predator, for talking about that stuff with someone they know is a minor, even if the minor initiated it.
This is so important! I really wish more adults in fandom made the effort to explain this to young furs. We’re not trying to reduce your access to NSFW content for shits and giggles, or to be mean, due to the way law is written in many areas you having access is a legal liability.

And you (gen) better not think your jollies are worth someone else going to prison and ending up on a sex offender registry possibly for life.

Stray Cat Terry

"테리는길냥이"
It's too much to explain but thanks to the friendly Furs of the fandom, you get them explained.

Just one more thing: Follow the rules, no matter you understand the how and why or not.

Because if you do violate those, you'll later know the hows and whys and there'll only be regrets, and it's too late to take them back when you realise.

And about how I think about young Furs... If it was about young Koreans, there has to be so much to blame, but it's not the case for young Furs.

They are cute, like every Furs. And if I have to mention maturity, to be honest, some of them seem to be even more mature than me! (Wish I was younger..)
For me it's normally not easy to distinguish young Furs and not, so I just consider all Furs as equal. But when I get into some circumstances, like NSFW stage, it becomes clear.

Last edited:
F

FrostHeart

These come from past experiences...

Don't take rides from strangers, unless it is absolutely necessary: even then, BE CAREFUL who you take a ride from!

If you're being attacked or sexually assaulted by a male... kick him where the sun doesn't shine! (In the nuts)