• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your Best Weapon

Xeras'na Bladewing

Guardian of the Twilight Realm
@ Xeras'na Bladewing

In singleplayer the Widow is actually more powerful damage wise, thought the Jav is arguably cooler in its effect. In Multi the jav does more damage, but only slightly.

All in all, it's more personal preference. True, the Widow is stronger in single-player, but the Javelin comes with an enhanced scope, and armor-piercing ammo, so you can focus more on the extended barrel and the concentration mod if you're not playing Infiltrator.

I always use the Javelin or Valiant in multiplayer. Actually, the Javelin has about a 20% damage increase in multiplayer, by my knowledge.

Kangamutt

I will wreck you with the Operating Buddy.

R.O.B. is pretty formidable when you know how to use him.

For me, I'm generally a sniper rifle/shotgun person.

DW_

memes, you say?

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
I don't know about best weapon, but my new favorite is the Ullapool Caber in TF2.

I've made it so that my demoman now has no other attack, instead charging at people with a live grenade his hand and smacking them with it. It 1-hits everything but the heavy and people who are overhealed, and when it crits it can kill multiple targets.

Somehow it's actually good enough to be a valid tactic.

Rheumatism

Well-known Weller
Ripper.jpg

Exploding sawblades. Exploding sawblades EVERYWHERE.

Oh I loved that weapon. Why couldn't they bring it back for 2004 and Unreal Tournament 3?

Kangamutt

I don't know about best weapon, but my new favorite is the Ullapool Caber in TF2.

I've made it so that my demoman now has no other attack, instead charging at people with a live grenade his hand and smacking them with it. It 1-hits everything but the heavy and people who are overhealed, and when it crits it can kill multiple targets.

Somehow it's actually good enough to be a valid tactic.

Sometimes the craziest tactic is the best. Utterly stupid in theory, extremely effective in practice. I've had good success going full blown melee fiend, especially if there's a heavily-grouped close-quarters firefight. Better yet if the game allows, you're a one-man third team going melee fiend in said close quarters firefight. :3

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
Sometimes the craziest tactic is the best. Utterly stupid in theory, extremely effective in practice. I've had good success going full blown melee fiend, especially if there's a heavily-grouped close-quarters firefight. Better yet if the game allows, you're a one-man third team going melee fiend in said close quarters firefight. :3

It started because I was really bored and tried to make the stupidest loadout possible. I chose sticky jumper (no damage), the grenade, and a pair of boots that replaces the classes' normal grenade launcher. I'd launch myself through the air and try to land on people while I smacked them. Wasn't particularly effective, but I got enough kills (and awesome ones at that) that I started considering how to modify it into a legitimate strategy. I equipped a shield (allows charge w/crits and has + explosive resistance) and kept the boots because I realized that they boosted my health.

I'm about as effective with it as I am with most classes, but the +insanity makes the game ridiculously more fun.

O

Otto The Pup

In any game. The knife, the crowbar. Anything that I can't shoot with and still is somewhat lethal in my hands.

In Team Fortress 2, I'd guess on the stock sniper rifle. Damn that thing's awesome.

Riley

Watch out for snakes!
Flak Cannon from Unreal Tournament 2004. The best version of the gun, to me. The UT99 version was stronger, but the firing arc on the alt fire grenade was a little too low, and the UT3 version's spread was comically large.

Tao

Hare Boi
If it's shooters, I LOVE Shotguns, Rocket Launchers, and Revolvers. In that order.

But since I've been playing Dark Souls I've taken a liking to the Great Scythe. I love big powerful weapons :)

Foxfur31

Nazi Fox Waffen SS Captain
i am a huge battlefield player and i am UNSTOPABLE with my AEK-971 but i kill across the maps with my M98B.:cool:

S

Saylor

I play Battlefield 3 a lot and I would have to say that my all time favorite gun in any game, is the AN-94. It is so amazing! I can counter-snipe with it from across the map with Heavy Barrel, 8 zoom scope, and the bipod. If you put it on 2 round burst, both of the bullets land in the exact same spot. I can run around with it in close range and still get kills while it is on full auto. Great gun!

Spotted_Tiger

Nigel Tufnel
Gotta love the classic Halo pistol. I'm a big fan of the M-8 Avenger in Mass Effect 3, reliable and light. Other favorites include Electro Bolt shotgun in BioShock, Mattock in Mass Effect 3, AK74u in Black Ops, katana in Left 4 Dead 2, and ice beam in Metroid (series as a whole)

tbohn

My absolute favorite would have to be the Hand Cannon from Resident Evil 4.

You play though this dark and atmospherically creepy game, and you get your butt kicked a couple of times. Then on the second play through, you can buy a .50 caliber revolver which you can upgrade to have infinite ammo with no reloads. It's pretty much just a step below having a rocket launcher. You can end any boss battle in two shots!

It turns a classic Survival/horror game into a HILARIOUS shooting gallery.

Schwimmwagen

My absolute favorite would have to be the Hand Cannon from Resident Evil 4.

You play though this dark and atmospherically creepy game, and you get your butt kicked a couple of times. Then on the second play through, you can buy a .50 caliber revolver which you can upgrade to have infinite ammo with no reloads. It's pretty much just a step below having a rocket launcher. You can end any boss battle in two shots!

It turns a classic Survival/horror game into a HILARIOUS shooting gallery.

Man, I remember the Tommy Gun in that game.

It made me sad when I found out just how overpowered it was. I woulda loved it if it was a balanced vintagey gun intended for "proper" play, such as the Red 9.

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
Man, I remember the Tommy Gun in that game.

It made me sad when I found out just how overpowered it was. I woulda loved it if it was a balanced vintagey gun intended for "proper" play, such as the Red 9.

Wait, the Red9 was balanced? That's news to me! XD

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Flak Cannon from Unreal Tournament 2004. The best version of the gun, to me. The UT99 version was stronger, but the firing arc on the alt fire grenade was a little too low, and the UT3 version's spread was comically large.

Pretty much all versions of the Flak Cannon are a ton of fun in the UT series^^
In 2004 it was fun to shoot at the ground in a very slight angle to make the bullets bounce at your enemy in an arc. No idea if that was actually a good tactic, I just thought it's cool that this is even possible :p