• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your dream residence

Pyper

I have always wanted to move out of the state I live because I feel so out of place. It doesn't help that there are no real mountain ranges out here just giant mounds. When I think about my dream residence as I described, I always think of some place northwest in the US...Oh, how I wish I could move right now. I just want to experience a normal snowy winter and have a snowmobile.

Volkodav

Dad****er
A log trapping cabin in the woods in Yukon, Canada.

No neighbours. Chickens, LGDs, and a trapline.
and my bf

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
What's the appeal of desert weather to you?

I've always lived in a tropical climate and I'm pretty much fed up with it.There are days when even the traffic cones start melting! I can't begin to imagine how hellish a desert would be...

I've always liked hot weather. It feels more natural. If I had it my way, I'd walk around with almost nothing on. Slap some sunscreen on. Sweat. I love to sweat. It doesn't bother me and it feels cleansing in a way. Plus, I'll take a desert night over a cold winter night any day. A comfortable night opens up many opportunities.

Again. I'm more comfortable sweating, cooled by a slight breeze, than shivering miserable and warmed by three jackets. I am an engine. I need to be warm before I can really get going. Or maybe I'm just cold blooded. I need to be warm. Id rather be hot all the time than cold. Ever.

The appeal of heat is that you can always be outside no matter what time of day.

RestlessDreamer

Scary Monster; Super Creep
And the appeal of cold is that you can always add more layers to warm up.

I'm all for walking around nude, Red, trust me. But honestly, I find sweating to be one of the more uncomfortable things a person can do. At least shivering makes me wake up. Unless the sweat is created through pleasurable/sexual interactions, I just find myself feeling gross.

Volkodav

Dad****er
I die in the heat. There's literally nothing you can do but lay in a cold bathtub when it's 90*F out
With the cold, you can be active for 10 mins and be so hot you're sweating and need to take layers off

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
Huh. I'll be damned. All you need is a fan and it's all good. AC is better than a heater. But I guess I'm just a weirdo. Honestly I suppose it's just preference. Cold beer and a hot porch with a ceiling fan slowly turning. Paradise dude. Paradise.

Volkodav

Dad****er
When I get back from my bikeride, I get so hot I have to take my coat and shit off as fast as I can before I die from heat exhaustion lol

Pyper

I tend to get cold pretty easily myself so I am able to stand warmer temperatures myself but I do prefer colder weather for some reason. My friends actually find it funny that I want to move up north to a colder climate even though I pretty much freeze in the winters that we have here.

RestlessDreamer

Huh. I'll be damned. All you need is a fan and it's all good. AC is better than a heater. But I guess I'm just a weirdo. Honestly I suppose it's just preference. Cold beer and a hot porch with a ceiling fan slowly turning. Paradise dude. Paradise.

Conversely, I tend to relax in the buff with a thick fleece blanket and a tumbler of top grade whiskey with my house around 65 F at the least. I think you and I are simply on different sides of the spectrum, Red. I don't even know how you live in Texas. I'd perish in the heat within a handful of days at best.

Feste

I haven't found an answer yet
Either a Pent House in Hong Kong with a nice cognac, or a place on a beach on one of the islands in Virginia, like just a small little place with a beautiful girl and the sea wind going through my hair.

Teckolf

Drank ALL the Coffee!!!
Maybe on a calm, quiet beach, that's not Flordia.
Ain't nobody got time for hurricanes.

I have lived here for 8 years (Gulf and Panhandle) while there are reasons I don't really want to live here anymore (expensive + lack of engineering jobs) hurricanes are definitely not one of them. I lived in Ohio for years before here and we had much worse storms there than I have ever encountered here... Plus in hurricane areas the housing is practically inpenetrable, like last through the apocalypse level strong...

jtrekkie

Feathered
Its a place in the mountains. There are trees, and it rains sometimes. There is a cabin there, and a pond that never runs dry. Just over the hill is the edge of the Rio Grande rift. You can stand there and see the desert stretch off to the horizon, and you can see the other side of the rift in the distance.

The cabin is just a foundation now, but it must have been a beautiful place.

S

Selachi

It would be a lodge/log-cabin type deal in Oregon, preferably near some sort of river or stream with lots of lush greenery around. Oregon is hands down the coolest damn state I've ever been too. The diversity, beautiful natural scenery, and just the overall vibe there is awesome. Only been once and I want to go back so bad.

Ristray

Feral at Heart
Let's see. I'd like to live in a city (New York or Boston might be nice) with my husband. A nice studio apartment with a lot of cats, both adopted and fosters if possible. My trouble is deciding between a more industrial-like studio or more modern. I like both? I suppose as long as I have nice big windows that let in a decent amount of light I'd be happy. The trick is getting myself to make the art to turn it into an art studio...

Kinharia

Drunken Irish Snow Leopard
I would like to live in the Northwestern Irish Country side in Northern Donegal near the beach and the atlantic ocean in or just outside one of the many villages. With highspeed interenet. I don't care if I couldn't drive the simple fact that it has very few people who are of the "don't intrude in others business" kind of people. I love county Donegal. The house has to be a two story house with three bedrooms, one living room, a basement gamer den and a large frickin' kitchen/dinning area all to myself. And ten cats.

RestlessDreamer

It would be a lodge/log-cabin type deal in Oregon, preferably near some sort of river or stream with lots of lush greenery around. Oregon is hands down the coolest damn state I've ever been too. The diversity, beautiful natural scenery, and just the overall vibe there is awesome. Only been once and I want to go back so bad.

Hence why I am planning on moving there in a few brief months (if things go according to plan).

Ariosto

I can not think of city, so I will just I'd like it to be a not-too-big appartment, first and foremost, so that cleaning does not take too much time. It would also be in a city with a cool (not cold) climate, so that the average temperature remains to my liking and I don't have to worry about the ventilation in that particular regard. It would have moderately big windows, just so that I don't feel too clustered. The only problem with this is that I'm not seeing a place where to keep all the books I'll probably have to own...

D

Deleted member 93706

Small (~900 ft^2), efficiently-designed solar-powered cabin in the woods with internet that is not dial-up or HughesNet. Or course, it'd be in Oregon.

N30Nphoenix

Kitty-fox
A nice house up on a mountain with little to no people around to bother me and some fast internetz.

Belluavir

Fag Enabler, Breeder Disabler
The starship enterprise.

Or in a semi truck, those sleeper condos are pretty fancy.