• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your favorite band that nobody's heard of

SparkyWolf

Anyone have a band that they love that no one else seems to know about?
I'll start:

Eisbrecher
The Bereaved
Disarmonia Mundi

Some of these are more well know than others, but when ever I ask someone if they know them I always get the same reply: "Nope.".

Last edited:
Ne Obliviscaris (albeit they got a lot more popular this year, which is exciting)
Krimh
Vehemence
Shylmagoghnar

I've heard of Disarmonia Mundi, but haven't heard their music yet.

BadRoy

Snake awakens
Oh boy!

The Residents

20130425The-Residents.jpg

These guys have been making excellent experimental music, art, and videos since the early 70s. Huge discography. I'm happily chugging through it now.

Demensa

Characterless sack of potatoes
The Brave Little Abacus
Emo, Indie

[video=youtube;rxL0WPeVc-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxL0WPeVc-g[/video]

Ne Obliviscaris (albeit they got a lot more popular this year, which is exciting)

I could never decide whether they were obscure or really popular but yeah, this year has gotten them a lot more atttention. They definitely deserve it!

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Radwimps

Baz

The Ink Spots
The Platters

SparkyWolf

The Ink Spots

I've actually heard of them, but only because of Fallout 3. Ahhhhhh...... Such fond memories. Now I want to go play it XD

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
The Ink Spots
*Cough*
That's pretty far from uncommon. Any gamer who's touched Fallout 3 and just fans of old music know that band

Was gonna say NeO, but that's gotten pretty common and that's great.
Ozric Tentacles. Great psychedelic progstuff.

SparkyWolf

That's pretty far from uncommon. Any gamer who's touched Fallout 3 and just fans of old music know that band

True, but I'd guess that most people who've played Fallout 3 wouldn't know them by name. I know for quite a while I didn't know the bands name, But I de-compiled some of the games resources and the audio files had the artist names. But for most people unless they read the credits, they wouldn't know.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
Father Figure
Father Figures
MIRTHKon
Shnabubula
The Physics House Band
Electric Ocean People
The Juliana Theory

there's a lot really but i like those a lot in particular

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
Damn i wish DarkNoctus still posted here, i'd come out of this thread with so many bands to check out if he did. Anyway, without further ado...

Satan's Wrath
Syrach
From The Vastland
Opium Warlords
Black Capricorn
Those Poor Bastards
The Goddamn Gallows
Murkrat
Thorun
Sea Bastard
Arcturus
Whitehouse
Abysmal Grief
Sons Of Perdition
Slow Horse
The Funeral Orchestra
Green & Wood
Mount Salem
S:t Erik
Eibon
The Mount Fuji Doomjazz Corporation
Doomsword
Dopethrone
Belzebong
Stoner Kebab
Stoned Jesus
Stonehelm
Zaphire Oktalogue
King Fungus
Moss
Aun
Laibach
Primitive Man
1000 Homo DJs
Brocas Helm
King Dude
Dark Sanctuary
The Peculiar Pretzelmen
Agnostic Mountain Gospel Choir
Sahg
Bog Oak
Portal
Ramesses

Oh, and to the dude that posted Avatarium. Fucking yes, they're a truly amazing band.

Vær

Mr. Prickles
Umm.... M.A.E., TRST, Pinback (Not really unheard but rarely mentioned), Beirut, Explosions in the Sky (Also rarely mentioned), Barcelona, Árstíðir, and Pinn Panelle.

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
Does anyone know Egypt Central or Evans Blue? *shrug*

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
Oh, a couple other bands i forgot to post the first time:

Vassafor
Sutcliffe Jügend
Genocide Organ

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
Oh, and Samael.

How the hell did i forget Samael... >_<

Scumboogie

The folk metal guy
Those will be Shamaani Duo and FM2000.

S

Selachi

Bison B.C. - Canadian band that is typically classified as "Stoner Metal", though there is a definite hardcore influence noticeable in their songs, especially the vocals. I typically don't like that type of crossover but these guys make it work really well.

Rwake - Sludge band from Arkansas. They sometimes incorporate some ambient and acoustic stuff into their songs which builds nice dark atmosphere. Vocals are very grating and took me a while to get used to. Good lead work too.

Noisem - Death Thrash from Maryland. I see these guys tagging along and opening up for bigger metal bands pretty frequently. Very young and new but their music is just vicious.

SparkyWolf

Not my favorite, but they're climbing my like list.

[video=youtube;KEW2CYWT7EE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEW2CYWT7EE[/video]

Damn! Liking that, I'm gonna have to check them out.

Last edited:

DHC

Watcher
Kotiteollisuus. Nobody heard of this band in my country, yet in Finland it's quite popular I guess. One of few reasons why I think that Finnish music should be more worldwide known.