• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your favorite boss

BloodYoshi

Oliver.

It's not even a contest.

You're right, it isn't a contest, it's a favorites thread.

Dark Samus from Metroid Primes 2 and 3 was always fun to face off against. So was Dark Link from OoT. I like pretty much any boss that mimics you, or is your same size and stature.

Also, the fight with Yami at the end of Okami was heart-wrenching and awesome.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Wait, does the Monkey with a Bag of Explosives from Dad Game count?

Riptor

Ran Out Of User Titles
The Devil Hand, from God Hand. I know I probably mention God Hand in every single one of these 'best ____ ever?' threads, and there's a very, very good reason for that.

For some reason or other, I've always had a thing for 'evil counterpart' fights, as cliche as they may be. Devil Hand does basically everything you do, only better, and he has a cool pair of sunglasses that you don't have. He also has an attack that involves punching you at superhuman speeds. So what do you do? You start punching HIM back at the same speed, hitting fist-to-fist until you manage to get an opening, slamming him into the wall.

Man, I love God Hand.

While we're on the subject of Capcom, I've always liked their final bosses in the versus games, even Magneto way back in that X-Men game they did in '94. It's mostly the music, which makes the fight pretty amazing no matter how much of a cheap bastard he actually is.

aiden749

i don't have a favorite boss for video games but my fav "boss" from D&D was fighting a red dragon great wyrm. that was a bitch and a half.

Auto-Fox

Patron Un-Saint of Nostalgia.
- Mr. X from Streets of Rage 1-2. He'll shoot his own men to try and hurt you. That's dedication!

- Pluto, from Astro Boy: Omega Factor. An honorable opponent who doesn't WANT to fight, but is programmed for nothing else.

- The giant monster final boss from Ranger X. Just because he's friggin' awesome.

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
Quadraxis.jpg

Quadraxis from Metroid Prime 2- the sheer thrill of tearing things apart limb by limb.

Several of them could be Legend of Zelda bosses from OOT, MM, WW or TP. But my favoritee is probably Volvagia from Ocarina of Time.
"Rawr, I'm a dragon!"
"Screw you, I got a dress and a hammer, you are gonna die"

One of the best bosses because of the plot twist: Kessler from inFamous. Battle wasn't extremely remarkable, but when that character unraveled, well-- I'll just say it would be a surprise for most people.

There's more, just too lazy to think of them right now.

Pine

smell-good badger
GLADoS from Portal.
I love the dark humor in lines such as:

"This is your fault. I'm going to kill you. And all the cake is gone. You don't even care, do you?"

T

Tycho

Wait, does the Monkey with a Bag of Explosives from Dad Game count?

Definitely. Flash games are fair game.

Frank horrigan, Fallout 2. I thought it was funny to taunt him before hand, and then pop his face off after.

I always thought Frankie was terribly dull, personally... token gigantic super-thug boss dedicated to your annihilation. The fight itself could get interesting, though, depending on choices you made right before meeting him.

aaaagh dblpost

Last edited by a moderator:

Littlerock

numb with cold
I'll be honest, my all time favorite boss had to be RED in Pokemon Crystal. He was so eerily quiet before and even during the battle, it really freaked me out as a kid. I also closely followed the show, and it seemed really creepy at the time to be fighting that infamous Pikachu. That and the battle music was totally new, my heart hammered that day. I couldn't believe it that I won. I still don't. xD

Following in a very close second is The Great Mighty Poo from Conker's Bad Fur Day. Because seriously, there is no cooler boss in my book than a huge opera-singing pile of shit. Also, it really struck me as awkward, having to eat chocolate in that fight.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
Alma on Master Ninja Mode in Ninja Gaiden Black

Now that is one fun chaotic boss fight to keep you on your toes xD

JadeFire

Mmm...gunpowder...
Contra bosses in general. How often do you fight giant robot alien heart colon worm doll monsters in games nowdays? ^^

Also, the Great Mighty Poo from Conker and the fistfight against Ocelot at the end of MGS4 are pretty good too.

Kvasir

Zumba!!!
My favorite Boss character is the Dragon Volvagia from Zelda Ocarina of Time. And the Ice Queen lady from Dark Cloud... i love that music its so haunting. The last Boss in Dark Alliance is pretty cool too, along with Jack of Blades from Fable. ^^