• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your favorite game that no one's heard of

Giles_F_Ahrun

Dingo_The_Azul said:
I would have to say Soul Blazer for the SNES.

It was known in its time, but now it's just a piece of Enix history. Its world-building game structure (Similiar to Dark Cloud) is simple but great to explore, and battles are extremely memorable, as well as the music.

Oh, you just made me renember another great game from Enix.

Terranigma.

Best Zelda-like rpg ever for the SNES.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Yup, thats the one, avoiding the spotlights and everything, very fun for a 7 year old.

Fou-lu

Who?
Definately Outcast.
That game was way ahead of it's time, but unfortunately, never got very popular due to dedicated video cards coming out and using a voxel engine.

Outcast is still one of my favorite games ever and every now and then I feel the need to replay it.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Fou-lu said:
Definately Outcast.
That game was way ahead of it's time, but unfortunately, never got very popular due to dedicated video cards coming out and using a voxel engine.
It wasn't extremely popular because it needed a very powerful machine (At the time) and actually ran crappier if you had a 3D card >:[

T

Tycho

Not sure how many (if any) of you have heard of it: Chaos Overlords. It was/is a turn based strategy game, revolving around using gang warfare to advance your own criminal empire.

chaos1.png

chaos2.jpg

It's fun, I decided to dig it up and start playing it again, but it's being somewhat uncooperative with WinXP (It was made to run in Win95).

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay

Dayken

*current user title*
DarkTalbain64 said:
Battle Arena Toshinden 3 for the PS1.

Is it sad that the first thing that usually comes to mind when I think of this game is that one of the "new" (and I use the term new loosely because he was basically a clone of Kayin) characters was basically Michael Jackson? =/

Kajet

Wow, I recognize only like... 4-5 games so far...

I'm also gonna say Pigskin Football for the genesis, one of the very few sports games I actually like, kind of like the mutant league games where a lot of the rules are ignored, plus you can pick up weapons to kill someone when you tackle someone/get tackled.

Lucedo

I know of a good website for video games like that. It is called Hardcore Gaming 101. The address is:

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/

This site covers video games old and new that are overlooked and underrated to many gamers, especially the best ones no one has played. It has some old gems that some of you recognize that were popular when first released but forgotten over time. There could be some single games or all games of certain franchises that fell off. Hardcore Gaming 101 is the place for these games.

For the Sly Cooper games, it has a cult following due to a certain artist who uses Neyla as an avatar and the hotness of Inspector Carmelita Fox.

Okami may has a following despite the number of games it sold. However, Okami is getting another chance on the Nintendo Wii.

For this case, I would say Zack and Wiki: The Quest for Barbaros' Treasure. It is a point and click adventure game that has the feel of its predecessors such as Day of the Tentacle and Sam and Max Hit the road. You use the Wiimote to point and click to solve many puzzles. This game is very good and it is one of the games that defines a proper Nintendo Wii game.

Video games that are very well received by many game reviewers like IGN, but was weak with sales came down with something called "The Psychonauts Syndrome."

RedVein

Cherry Blossom
I dont know if people have heatd of this title or not but...
Contact for thr D.s.
It was just so awesome. having the abbility to change to 8 classes of awesomeness.
Normal- was you in your regular cloth with normal stats.
Fireman- You in a red suite that gave you fire based attackes.
Waterboy- you in a parka and a russian hat, that gave water based attacks.
Flyboy- you in goggles and a pilot jacket with air based attacked
Knuckle mole- you with a bandana on your head, a brown and white tank top, and brown short, with ground based attackes and the ability to dig.
Fisherman- you with fishing cloths, and the abiility to... fish.
Thief- you in some goth looking cloth with the abiilit to steel and sneek up on bad guys.
cook- you with the ability to cook and make around 100+ dishes.

my favorite was the cook, because come on.. you could eat, you got hunry, and full... it was so real and awesome... I liked eating everything I could find.

Also ... you got to get a girlfriend whitch I though was just so awesome.
never in a game (besides sims) can you choose to have a girlfriend.
kewlhotrod said:
Golden Sun 1 & 2 for the Gameboy.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Kingdom of Loathing

Golden Sun was so awesome. I like that everytime you used magic, the screen would do some epic thing and make it awesome.
also...
Kingdom of Loathing XD
I love playing that... I am a Disco Bandit. xB

Meliz

gets it stuck between things
Rudra no Hihou. if you never heard of it you should feel ashamed of yourself.

Kajy

The whole Boktai series... no one EVER heard of it...
And if heard, hated it >___>
Its kinda rare to find people who love Boktai...

Also, its my favorite series of all... not just from the ones that no one ever heard of

sneve

heer:
N64
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordy Caliber ( beautiful rts rpg )
Mischief Makers ( platform game, quite unique on it´s times )
WinBack ( " closest thing to Metal Gear Solid" it said something like that there XD still neat )

PC
Blood ( old doom style shooter )

Snes
SuperNova (ala Graduis style)
World Heroes 2 ( Fightingz )
Zombies Ate My Neightbors! ( hahaha so funny! )

Im not sure about this, but since i never hear of them, *shrugs*
Drawn To Life -DS- ( Platform game, VERY original since you get to draw weapons and even your hero and actually play with it )
Elite Beat Agents -DS- ( awesome music game, quite original too, music is all famous stuff btw )
Suikoden 2 - PSOne ( tis one is actually famous, but i jsut love it so much it goes here too :p , rpg btw )

Wolf_Fox_Guy

Cant think up a custom title
Front mission 3 on PS1
Warzone 2100 On PS1
Jersey Devil on PS1
Tomba on PS1

but I do live in red neck truf so if its not bran freaking new they have no clue about it

Project_X

dogoverman said:
Platypus. Its this claymation shoot'em up.

My cousin and I own at that game. =)

For me...I have to give it up to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombies_Ate_My_Neighbors ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBORS! (Preferred SNES version)

Wolf_Fox_Guy

Cant think up a custom title
Project_X said:
dogoverman said:

For me...I have to give it up to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombies_Ate_My_Neighbors ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBORS! (Preferred SNES version)

Sweet, I played that a few times. If you look around you can still find roms for it

rubixcuber

Beef Potato Wheelman
I was going to say The Neverhood, but looks like someone beat me to it.

Out of This World for the SNES?

Project_X

Wolf_Fox_Guy said:
Project_X said:
dogoverman said:

Sweet, I played that a few times. If you look around you can still find roms for it

Way ahead of ya =)

Satoshi

Has magical powers.
There's only one plus it's sequal :U

Galerians

and

Galerians: ASH

C: