• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your favorite game that no one's heard of

Kajet

Kunio kun no Jidaigeki Dayo/Technos Samurai/Downtown Special - Kunio Kun no Jidaigeki Dayo Zenin Shuugou! - One of those names, if you like River City Ransom and haven't heard of it slap yourself cause it's pretty much RCR2 only... in feudal japan?

Shànwàng

Lavender Scented
Wolf_Fox_Guy said:
Front mission 3 on PS1
Warzone 2100 On PS1
Jersey Devil on PS1
Tomba on PS1

but I do live in red neck truf so if its not bran freaking new they have no clue about it

You could really say any Front Mission for that matter.

ceacar99

behold my boomstick!
as for the thief serries..... well i DESPISED the undead in those games.... for a long time it was just too creepy.... since i was missing my thief 1 and 2 cds for a while(still dont have my second one) i played the shalebridge cradle through so much in thief 3 that the creeps there dont quite get to me anymore....

anyway i looked through and a lot of people got what i was about to suggest. buuuuuuut i still got some ammo up my sleaves...

fallout 1 and 2: they remain in my list of top 3 rpg series of all time and likely will never get bumped off. fallout is only known these days because bethesda got involved and likely butchured it....

HEAVY GEAR!!!! FUCK MECH WARRIOR!!1 i remember back in the day when mech warrior 1-3 was the hot thing. however in those days i preferred a lesser known title(although not as unknown as that gem shogo) heavy gear. i dont even REMEMBER how i got a copy of this but it blew my mind as oposed to mech warrior. mech warrior felt klanky and old where heavy gear you actually felt like you were fighting in a sofisticated machine of war, and yes you modified that bitch right down to what kind of legs you were gonna give your machine(usually it was just best to stick cheeta legs with a cheeta torso for example but there were reasons to change). i got hooked on it and i still think mech warrior is shallow in comparison, though heavy gear 2 greatly reduced your options to customise your gear....

Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
I used to adore this game! In fact, it was my first RPG, so it'll always hold a special place in my heart. It was terribly cutesy and often silly, but it was just so much fun to play! I think it's also the only game I've beaten completely without help (As much as I enjoying play video games, truth be told, I'm simply AWFUL at them).
(( On a side note, my exploration of this thread went somewhat like this:
*scrolls through thread quickly and sees: "Gun, violence, shooter, mech, shooter, battle, blood, etc, etc, etc."*
*takes time to laugh aloud and be proud to post a girly game!* ))

TopazThunder

Noir Fetishist
No one's mentioned this game, and I don't know if it's not well known enough to be considered obscure, but the Banjo Kazooie games for N64 is easily one of my favorite games. In the sequel they mentioned a third game, but since RareWare has retired guess that's not happening.

If this game doesn't count as far as obscurity goes, then discount my post. They're still good games. :p

Pandanaught

Earthbound, simple because every version of the game is essentially pretty amazing...and the only part that annoys me is most people I know who play Ness in the smash bros serious, knows what game his from...yet has no idea his role in his story. Anywho great game a must play o_O.

Added note who hasn't heard of Banjo Kazooie that game was amazing...Banjo Tootie....that's another story...

Alot of the games that i miss playing and still play

Dungeon Keeper 2
Lemmings (pc)
Telengard (commodore 64)
Dino Eggs (commodore 64)
Zool (SNES)
Wetrix (Dreamcast)
DRIP (Amiga)
Monkey Island (PC)
Pocket Tanks (scortched tanks rendition - PC)
Chuzzle - (poptab games internet version....its farkin' addictive!)

Pandanaught

Odjit-Sanura said:

Dungeon Keeper 2
Lemmings (pc)
Telengard (commodore 64)
Dino Eggs (commodore 64)
Zool (SNES)
Wetrix (Dreamcast)
DRIP (Amiga)
Monkey Island (PC)

Highlighted the games I also enjoyed from this post, Lemmings simply because once you get to SunSoft difficult the games darn near impossible. Wetrix is just classic played it on N64 though don't think there's a huge difference... does the Dreamcast version have online capabilities? Lastly pocket tanks have to say its a great time killer at work or with friends reminds me a lot of Liero (probably no ones heard of that) :D.

Pandanaught said:
Odjit-Sanura said:

Dungeon Keeper 2
Lemmings (pc)
Telengard (commodore 64)
Dino Eggs (commodore 64)
Zool (SNES)
Wetrix (Dreamcast)
DRIP (Amiga)
Monkey Island (PC)

Highlighted the games I also enjoyed from this post, Lemmings simply because once you get to SunSoft difficult the games darn near impossible. Wetrix is just classic played it on N64 though don't think there's a huge difference... does the Dreamcast version have online capabilities? Lastly pocket tanks have to say its a great time killer at work or with friends reminds me a lot of Liero (probably no ones heard of that) :D.

I cant say ive had a chance to play the N64 version, but i dont think the dreamcast version had online games, but i never tried it either.

Lemmings i like playing when i want to hear the cute "oh no" and see a spray of pixels flying off my screen.

I still cant beat my mate (aussiesnowkitty) at pocket tanks. he's just too good!

ceacar99

behold my boomstick!
lol i would have highlighted dungeon keeper, it has a nice twist on strategy.

one to add to the list....

legacy of kain: soul reaver. GOOD classic. unfortunately i seem to have lost the copy for my dreamcast :(

Clothoverlord

On the PC a game called Europa Universalis III, have yet to find anyone else who has ever heard of it (*awesomishness*)
And I suppose an NES game called Stealth ATF, I still find myself humming that theme from time to time.

Danjen

I like retro games and indie games. And by indie games I mean ones made by like two people that have a forum. I also played a lot of those stupid demo games on shareware CDs (you know, those 1000+ games collections) from the 90's. There's this one dungeon crawler I liked from there called Mordor. It has no relation to LotR. Another one was the Exile series of games, later remade to be called the Avernum series.

tundra_arctic_wolf

aka The Furry Punisher
I have five PC games that are my favorite.

Not sure if these were mentioned, but here they are:

Crusader: No Remorse
Crusader: No Regret
Descent: Freespace The Great War
Freespace 2
Silpheed

Last edited:

Marl Duothimir

Exile, Suikoden, etc.

...Meh. I don't feel like trying to remember 'em all.

DR4IG

Lessee.. Starting from oldest fave to newest.. I'll do the top 10 thing.

Sorcerian (Falcom-PC)
Eye Of The Beholder Trilogy (SSI-PC)
Ultima UnderWorld 1&2 (Looking Glass Studios-PC)
Crystal Caves (???-Mac Classic)
Dark Reign (Auran-PC)
BattleZone II (Activision-PC)
Thief 1&2 (Eidos-PC)
Aztama (???-PC)
Doukutsu Monogatari (Studio Pixel-PC)
Tactical Ops-Assault On Error (MicroProse-PC)

That's just a small list.. But I see a couple of my faves are up in some of the other lists. :}

Baltis_Exinus

Not sure if they're well known, but Kirby's Avalanche and Tetris Attack. Also, Super Tennis. All for SNES.

Toraie

Onmyou Taisenki: Hasha no In for PS2 and its GBA game, Zeroshiki.

Onmyou Taisenki is the underrated anime series that everyone needs to go watch. Because of Kogenta if nothing else. <333

Ceceil Felias

Never have I seen fail so huge
Rudra no Hihou. if you never heard of it you should feel ashamed of yourself.
Try GIGAINAZUMA as a mantra when you get the chance.

Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
I used to adore this game! In fact, it was my first RPG, so it'll always hold a special place in my heart. It was terribly cutesy and often silly, but it was just so much fun to play! I think it's also the only game I've beaten completely without help (As much as I enjoying play video games, truth be told, I'm simply AWFUL at them).
(( On a side note, my exploration of this thread went somewhat like this:
*scrolls through thread quickly and sees: "Gun, violence, shooter, mech, shooter, battle, blood, etc, etc, etc."*
*takes time to laugh aloud and be proud to post a girly game!* ))
Rhapsody! :3 That was a fun game, especially because it had so much comedy. Nothing less from those design and localization groups.

Earthbound, simple because every version of the game is essentially pretty amazing...and the only part that annoys me is most people I know who play Ness in the smash bros serious, knows what game his from...yet has no idea his role in his story. Anywho great game a must play o_O.
I didn't mention Earthbound simply because I thought it wasn't one nobody ever heard of. I guess I was wrong? :<

Telengard (commodore 64)
Dino Eggs (commodore 64)
DRIP (Amiga)
COMMODORE AND AMIGA, REPRESENT *respek knuckles*

Doukutsu Monogatari (Studio Pixel-PC)
Psst, I'm the one who made the Livejournal community for Cave Story. :3

jcfynx

Banned
Banned
I just picked up a copy of A Force More Powerful, the game of nonviolent resistance. It is just about my favorite game about getting uppity about social and legal reform. Right now I am prepping a group of university students to hold a meeting with the administration of their university on their policy on ethnic segregation. ):

Last edited:

gravija

Ungulate Extraordinair
I cant beleive no has posted anything about the Blaster master series NES/GENS

NES http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCwfdLsqDwM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHA9vtC8rpg awesome remixed music better overview aswell LOL
GENS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQro0ku2XLY unfortunately it has horrid sync issues. . . oh well youll get the idea, dont keep the volume loud at the END, youll thank me fer the warning LOL

PS1 version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3HsGil74s8&feature=related , i never played it but it seems like it would be alot of fun n.n I never knew this existed till i started to do example searches o_O

then there was Journey to Silius, a great little know game that featured fast paced gameplay that never let up on ya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFF__Lvndxo also the music was cool too, fer nintendo

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner
Sispri Gauntlet, a hilarious shooter I guess based on Sister Princess. A friend of mine was playing it on his laptop one day, he drew quite a crowd of people cheering him on because god damn is it ever hard

Gar-Yulong

Here's Your Free Burn Ointment
Here's some shit that no one's played that blew the hell out of Zelda at the time.

Crystalis, for the NES. Known as God Slayer in Japan.

Oh and Hellsinker is an awesome doujin STG from the makers of Radio Zonde

BijouxDeFoxxe

shake wut ur mama gave u
There was a game I use to play on play station. It was super cheesy and corny, but I thought it was fun. It was Mort the Chicken. And you had to collect baby chickens and fight against alien cubes who thought that the earthlings and farm animals were killing their brothers... but really, they were just hay bales.