• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your favorite game that no one's heard of

Krugg

I'm the reanimator...
I swear I think I've played that game. Is that the one where you could mix items you pick up in pots and make other items? I forget. But damn if it is I loved that game.

Yep, you're thinking of that game, although hearing "shake shake" every time she shook something made me go insane after a while.

Definitely one of Enix's best games before Square ate them.

Data_stalker

For Boston.
Yep, you're thinking of that game, although hearing "shake shake" every time she shook something made me go insane after a while.

Definitely one of Enix's best games before Square ate them.

That was a great game from what I remember.

Ink-Eyes

LAGOON (SNES game)
Dragon Lore (PC)
Necrodome (PC)
ActRaiser (SNES)
Super Mario RPG (SNES)
Illusion of Gaia (SNES)
Journeyman Project (PC)

More to be added later

Tarek

Throwing this out there:

- Bloody Roar series on the PSX/PS2, also a bit of a guilty pleasure cause they arent that good lol
- Earth Defense Force 2017
- Parasite Eve (PSX)

Soren Tylus

Golden Sun 1 & 2 for the Gameboy.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Kingdom of Loathing

Haven't heard of KoL, but Golden Sun and Star Ocean TtEoT, oh Heck yeah!

Also

La Pucelle tatics (PS2)

Amazing Island (GC) probably what got me into being furry!

and something I just found: Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis

NekoFox08

Lux Aeterna
The Legend of zelda: majora's mask (seems like everyone I ask has never heard of this game -_-)

Maplestory

Golden sun

resident evil 4 (alternate version XD)

NekoFox08

Lux Aeterna
Throwing this out there:

- Bloody Roar series on the PSX/PS2, also a bit of a guilty pleasure cause they arent that good lol
- Earth Defense Force 2017
- Parasite Eve (PSX)

oh god, I forgot about parasite eve! it was quite cool!

also, mysterious island (it's got a myst sense of gameplay, and I love those kinds of games)

lastly, megaman 64 (a.k.a megaman legends)

Drakaji

My personal favorites were...
The megaman legends series (unfinished sadly)
Cave story
Soldat (good for quick fragging in 2d)
Shadow Hearts (RPG for the PS2)
Kid Chameleon (Sega genesis I think?)
and.. Tales of Phantasia (I personally think this game was the best rpg on the system)

While not a full game on it's own, I personally loved a mod for UT called U4E
Mainly because it expanded the weapon base and character models had abilities.
My character of choice? An anthro dragon, lol.

Last edited:

deckerdragon

Special Agent in Charge
Deus Ex: The Conspiracy was a game set in the genetic dystopian genre of science-fiction. Littered with conspiracies and headache-inducing plot twists, this was probably the most down-to-earth conspiracy theory style game that I have actually enjoyed playing. (Unlike some others that came before it, mind you.)

LordWibble

Deus Ex: The Conspiracy was a game set in the genetic dystopian genre of science-fiction. Littered with conspiracies and headache-inducing plot twists, this was probably the most down-to-earth conspiracy theory style game that I have actually enjoyed playing. (Unlike some others that came before it, mind you.)

Deus Ex is nigh legendary, not unheard of.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Deus Ex is nigh legendary, not unheard of.
What he said.

Project_X

Just remembered a few today.
"Sonic Triple Trouble"
"Sonic Drift 2"
"Sonic Chaos"

Those are rare and ALL MINE! >=3

TheMastertape

Left in a cab...
Steel Beasts
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis.

If you will accept a well-known game, in a not-so-large genre:
Il2 Sturmovik

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Has a pretty decent fanbase and got "RPG of the year", but not a whole lot of people have heard about it.

And the Persona 3:FES just came out with the original game plus 30 extra hours, adding up to over 100 hours! Golly, what a deal! [Shameless plug]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_3

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Galerians. A twisted scifi horror with psychics? Yes please.

Lukar

Durrgon
Tales of the Abyss.
This game was indeed hyped by Tales of Fans and liked by many who enjoyed Tales of Symphonia. But it was released in 2006, specifically October 2006 within weeks of Final Fantasy XII. And not to mention Kingdom Hearts 2 came out the same year, so tales of the Abyss was pretty much lost in the hype of the pending Final Fantasy XII.

I've been wanting to get that game, but I osld my PS2 a few months ago. T.T

Anyways, I'd have to say the GBA port of Tales of Phantasia. Yeah, it does suck, but I've kinda fallen in love with it. xD

Oh, and don't forget about the .hack series- particularly the G.U. games.

Soren Tylus

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Has a pretty decent fanbase and got "RPG of the year", but not a whole lot of people have heard about it.

And the Persona 3:FES just came out with the original game plus 30 extra hours, adding up to over 100 hours! Golly, what a deal! [Shameless plug]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_3

Oh, big fan of it here! I was going to dress up like one of them (maybe koro-chan) for an anime con, but I'm not that social...

Bambi

Joined 2008 - Returned 2022