• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your favorite quotes!

Casey Fluffbat

E. Fuscus from the discount section
"I'm gunna hug you and squeeze you and caress you and call you George" - abominable snowman, looney toons.

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
"If life gives you lemons, find someone whose life gave them Vodka, and have a party."
Ron White(TatorSalad)standup comedian
I prefer this take on dealing with life-given lemons.

S

Saylor

Before my grandfather died back in 1999, I was watching the news with him circa 1997 where they were still debating the OJ Simpson case and there was still heavy debate about it. My grandfather was disappointed with the fact the courts were seemingly ready to convict him of murder, but were also ready to just let the same man go who they were ready to charge with murder. He then simply stated: "I am constantly amazed by the stupidity of the general public." I never really understood why he said it when he did because I was too young to understand concepts like murder or the justice system. But, that quote stuck out to me and I will never forget it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doku

Banned
Banned
If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed
- A. Hitler

ChapterAquila92

Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin
Banned
If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed
- A. Hitler
I can think of a better one from one of his advisors.
Hermann Göring said:
The German people trusted the Führer. Given his authoritarian direction of the state, they had no influence on events. Ignorant of the crimes of which we know today, the people have fought with loyalty, self-sacrifice, and courage, and they have suffered too in this life-and-death struggle into which they were arbitrarily thrust. The German people are free from blame.

EDIT: Göring also had quite an understanding of human nature, as befitting of someone who took part in taking advantage of it.
Hermann Göring in an interview during the Nuremburg Trials said:
Göring: Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.

Gilbert: There is one difference. In a democracy, the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars.

Göring: Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

Last edited: