• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your Fursona, same gender as you?

jet3270

Hollso
As the title says, I'm curious to find out if your fursonas are the same gender as you, the creator. Of all the furries and anthros I know, the general trend is that they are. Is there anyone out there that aren't? Do you know of anyone who doesn't share a gender with their fursona?
More specifically, fursonas without multiple genders.

I ask this because I'm searching myself for a fursona. Have been for ages.
Well actually, the main character that I've ever created is most likely to be my fursona, but I don't definitely call him that. As it stands, he's a he, and I'm a she (And we're both straight). Perhaps he's just the male side of me. Anyway, I'm just looking for some thoughts!

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
My fursona is like me. Male, straight, but understands females about as much as a person can without being one and pretty much loves like one.

Nylak

Angry Otter
Actually, my original fursona was a male (myself female), just because I've always been more masculine than feminine. But he was never a true fursona for me...he was just a character that represented me artistically, and is now only an extension of myself and a character I draw for fun. *shrug*

When I think of fursona now, I just think of myself with fur. I am physically female, so so is my fursona. I don't consider "her" a different entity than myself.

xiath

Rocket to your face.
he is the same as me.

Male/male, straight/straight. Doesn't like being feminine and nor do I. He is basically a copy of myself, every bad trait included. #1 is weakness. Seriously, I'm going to create a thread asking if anyone actually has a fursona who isn't ripped/buff/kinda buff/muscular, or perfect in every way.
EDIT: Chibi and fatfur don't really count, you can't have muscles, EBUR.

Frasque

take EVERYTHING i say SRSLY!!!
EDIT: Chibi and fatfur don't really count, you can't have muscles, EBUR.

Obviously you haven't seen the Olympic weightlifters. They can clean and jerk two of me so they obviously have muscle, but over that muscle is a substantial layer of fat.

jet3270

Hollso
Actually, my original fursona was a male (myself female), just because I've always been more masculine than feminine. But he was never a true fursona for me...he was just a character that represented me artistically, and is now only an extension of myself and a character I draw for fun. *shrug*

When I think of fursona now, I just think of myself with fur. I am physically female, so so is my fursona. I don't consider "her" a different entity than myself.

I think I'm the same as you were, Nylak. I'm yet to find a fursona. I'm not even sure if I want/need to. Though there're some aspects of the furry community I'd like to partake in.
Yeah, my main character was made when I was a tomboy. That was a long time ago!

Male with tail with female gender :3 My fursona is bi, And it's quite like Male-ish herm :3
1219061134.kitsunechao_charlie.jpg

Alblaka

Restless and lonely Dragon
Hmmm...
Of course my fursona has the same gender as me. I'm a otherkin so believing in being the fursona. Or having at least the soul of it... ^^