• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your Fursona: Would It Be Ashamed of It's Human Counterpart? :[

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
It's true that good looks revolve heavily around personal perceptions, but if you have someone who's e.g. constantly lamenting their acne out loud to one person, would it really be a dick move to supply them with a fix that they likely intended to get by themselves anyway?
Well no, it really wouldn't be, but saying you don't like your acne is a bit different from the general "I don't like how I look, etc." because you're actually pinpointing some specific part about you that causes you to look down on yourself. People who do the latter on a frequent basis, in my opinion, are only looking to be told otherwise. :I

I get that telling someone with obvious body/self-esteem issues that they should just be happy with themselves isn't really conducive to helping fix the problem though.

Falaffel

Not about forum age at all - I've seen Falaffel use the "we" thing about FAF a lot and in this thread, he's spinned that totally around about himself. But really, that's entirely irrelevant.

It's true that good looks revolve heavily around personal perceptions, but if you have someone who's e.g. constantly lamenting their acne out loud to one person, would it really be a dick move to supply them with a fix that they likely intended to get by themselves anyway?

In that case I apologise. Not so much for my viewpoints and strong expression of them, but for appearing to be attacking the initial quotees personally.

Sorry that I can't format this properly but I'm pressed for time, on my phone, and ultimately lazy.

Is using "we" inherently bad? Saying 'we' seems to tick you off tremendously. I realize that I am still not a veteran member or anywhere close in this Forum but do you guys seriously take this forum that seriously? If so then I am legitimately (I seriously am) sorry for offending the "veteran" or whatever members.

2nd part:
Lolwat? I'm sorry but i can't even begin to understand that logic.

3rd part:
I guess if you actually mean that then it's not that bad. You can have opinions on how help should be carried out but being aggressive and offensive should be leveled back.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Fair enough

The fact that the poster simply explained their viewpoint and 'fair enough' was the response indicates that the previous pages' bs was, yup, bs

goddammit guys this isn't 2011 stahp trying to find things to blow up about

Schwimmwagen

Is using "we" inherently bad? Saying 'we' seems to tick you off tremendously. I realize that I am still not a veteran member or anywhere close in this Forum but do you guys seriously take this forum that seriously? If so then I am legitimately (I seriously am) sorry for offending the "veteran" or whatever members.

It's the "hivemind" thing and generalisations of the userbase as if it's not made of individuals, if you still want to talk about it. The "veteran" term was used more loosely and it's a silly concept.

2nd part:
Lolwat? I'm sorry but i can't even begin to understand that logic.

guy complains about acne
guy is given acne cure
"is giving acne cure a dick move in this situation as opposed to the other?"
"in your opinion, y/n?"

I fail to see the difficulty here.

3rd part:
I guess if you actually mean that then it's not that bad. You can have opinions on how help should be carried out but being aggressive and offensive should be leveled back.

Thank you for reiterating what has been addressed by others and acknowledged by myself.

The fact that the poster simply explained their viewpoint and 'fair enough' was the response indicates that the previous pages' bs was, yup, bs

goddammit guys this isn't 2011 stahp trying to find things to blow up about

The fair enough was a reply to an expanded and broadened explanation of the poster's viewpoint. Mine was a criticism of those who look upon self-image issues as some psychological problem coupled with what are often white lies.

Falaffel

I assumed Veteran was used loosely. Hiveminding wasn't what I intended at any point I say we but I assume you know. I completely understand why that'd be annoying though.

My answer is no but my point was i don't understand the logic behind someone who'll say yes.

I understand it's been said, I was just agreeing. I don't mean anything negative by repeating :I

Last edited:

Aidy

they call me yolo swaggins
ah, some things never change

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
dhMeAzK.gif

Gibby 2014
Thank You Based Gibb.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
If I had a fursona it'd just be a furry version of myself that's good at fighting and wears cool clothes and is a hero in some story.
It wouldn't think badly of me at all. My fursona would be just a better version of myself.

Or it would be me almost precisely, but furry.
So my fursona wouldn't really have issues with me, I don't think.

Recel

Mamma Yeena
This was great to read, the points, the comments of the ones who didn't participate, they all fit together, turning this little side discussion into something great, fun and professional, like defecating in the middle of the town square on a busy Sunday.

Some of the logic lines here should be put on a pedestal, than violently thorn in four with ropes in the name of the well being of the human brain.

On topic.
Because my mind made up my sona, she thinks and views the world in a way I made up. And obviously, the answer is also made up by my mind. So really, her answer and my answer would be the exact same thing.
And my answer is that I'm bloody fabulous!

S

Saylor

My 'sona can't get embarrassed. Actually, since my 'sona is a punk, he does not fucking care and would fucking run around a mall naked with only a sock covering his dick. I would too, but there are obviously rules against that. My 'sona wouldn't be embarrassed as his human form mostly because I am his human form and people say I look cute and sexy and other furries say that I kinda do look like my 'sona. So, there you go. My 'sona would not be embarrassed as his human form because I am my own 'sona and I am not embarrassed. :D

Iryno

Senrain

My 'sona would probably tell me to lose some weight but that's about it.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
I would totally bang myself all night.

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
The question is would it have sex with me

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
My fursona is basically just myself, with blue and black winged cat bullshit thrown on top.
So I don't think she would feel "ashamed" so much as "What is this weird hairless thing?" A curiosity.