• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

your latest purchase ! :3

Hi-FiWolf95

Metal Misanthrope
cover.jpg

Kuuro

Hey man, look at me rocking out!
It's a bit niche so idk if anybody really gives a shit lmao, but I recently ordered a Honda P28 ECU for my Prelude. This is an upgrade (actually technically a downgrade), but I had to buy it if I wanted to drive the car at all. See, the generation of Prelude I own comes with an immobilizer. This basically means the key has a programmed "signature," and if the ignition switch doesn't see this signature, the starter is disabled by the ECU. So even if one were to try and hotwire the car it would not start (unless they jacked the car and crawled underneath perhaps?) As luck would have it, I lost my key. I had it towed to a dealership to program a new key, which was going to be $180, but apparently these cars shipped with a "red" key, which was used only to program new keys. I bought the car second hand, so that key's in the ether somewhere. Apparently, without the red key, there's NO way to program a key that matches an immobilizer, and it's basically a dud at that point. So, the dealership quoted me $1500 to replace the entire immobilizer system, at which I LAUGHED because that's half the value of the car.

So, what a lot of people have done when they lose their keys is replace the ECU (OBD II) with the previous generation (OBD I), because it runs the same engine but does not have an immobilizer. It just so happens, too, that people also do this because OBD I, despite being older technology, allows for a LOT more tuning flexibility (make the car zoom!) And, the most affordable listing I could find for an American, non-california, manual transmission ECU was also one the seller was programming at request. So I'll now have custom vtec/rev limit, a disabled governor and various disabled sensors that have been causing me problems.

If you have to fix something, you might as well see if you can make it better ;)

Dinan_p13.JPG
YMCH2A1-2.jpg

EDIT: I hooked it up and the immobilizer still worked somehow? So, I tried a little wiring trick to bypass it. That worked. Fml, I might have not needed that ECU in the first place... Oh well. Zoom!

Last edited:

sleepy kitty

(◡‿◡✿) ꪑꫀꪮ᭙
Two slices of cheese pizza from a local pizzeria

Ny style pizza

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Beer for the house

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
A burger and fries and some underwears, not from the same place

Chomby

Monsters are hot. :)
This adopt.

Untitled510_20210225233858.png

Yakamaru

Bad Jokes Inc.
A burger and fries and some underwears, not from the same place
Maaan. You didn't buy the McSnuggies? They are the new McDonald's briefs you can use. All with Ronald McDonald on the front and everything!

I bought a Monster Rosso. Does that count as a purchase?

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Maaan. You didn't buy the McSnuggies? They are the new McDonald's briefs you can use. All with Ronald McDonald on the front and everything!
Uh, they didn't have them in pink

Yakamaru

Bad Jokes Inc.

iamtheend

Owari, biker by day, depressed lunatic by night
Latest purchase was a Harley Davidson....tad impulsive but sooooo worth it
C911725B-951C-4616-ADCD-10C7E044069F.jpeg

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
Some primer, styrene sheets, scribes and hand rills, and a couple kits like a MG Gundam Wing EW Ver Ka.
Nothing like some Gunpla for quarentine~
Eyyyy.
(Next up will be some necron armies too spice things up~)

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
I bought an older magic card set to look for rare cards x.x

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
The old car died and after two weeks of car hunting bought a 2016 Buick Verano with low miles and a nice warranty. Seems fancy...never had a new-ish car; they have always beem 10 or 20 years old.

The heated seats are nice in the cold...and the dash and dials light up a real pretty blue.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Bought some guitar parts for a personal build and some water-borne poly finish for a guitar neck. Ran out recently on another build, had just enough clear to finish the last coat just as the paint cup went dry. Also ordered some solid color paint from them that's supposed to go on real thin and cover ANYTHING in two coats. They even gave me a cell phone number to call if I had any trouble with the paint. Can't beat that service in my eyes.

For you woodworkers, guitar builders, furniture flippers or furniture painters in general, this stuff is incredible: The Crystalac Store

Non-toxic, quick drying, replaces all those dangerous lacquer or oil-based finishes, will cut and buff like no tomorrow, even by a BIG machine like a Baldor double wheel 12" buffer.

BTW, not a paid endorsement. I was blown away by the quality of the finishes.

Chomby

I can't show it because it's not safe for the children.

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
Assorted acrylic airbrush paints, fiber cable, pico leds, wire, toggles, and 3v batteries. ^~^ Building!!!

Chomby

I bought this beauty. :D

Yeah I'm always buying characters... lol

Original (1).png