• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your opinion on Reddit?

P

Purplefuzz

Also I swear I keep seeing people badmouthing audiophiles on this forum. Maybe that community as a whole is just generally really toxic.

Edit: i take that back the whole community is toxic and worthless. I just logged on to ASR forums where its pretty anti-headphone for ignorant an unfair reasons and my threads are ignored with weak replies. Head fi is just a subjectivist cesspool by people who just hype chi-fi/totl garbage while /r/headphones and /r/audiophile is just a 15 year olds interpretation of both sites with reddits own issues.

Holy cow speaker fans are beyond hostile to headphones/earphones gaining massive popularity and that they have to lie how headphone only users are morons for liking them for quality reasons. But ignore out right those issues disappear if the music was made with headphones in mind or good DSP plug ins.

Sorry for heavy vent dump but my god I've never been burnt by a hobby, rather focus on gaming/furry stuff from now on honestly.

Oh, and lets not forget that Tencent is now a big investor, wouldn't be surprised if certain topics and subreddits disappeared without a good explanation.

That did happen allot of users were angry that mods on big subs were removing any china talk without any reason on why. I don't see why Tencent would make it any worse the Reddit mods remove topic's they don't like anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

MadXStitcher

I deleted my account recently. I still browse, but I do so without being able to comment. The most innocuous comments turn into wank and dogpiling, and I don't need that in my life.

P

Purplefuzz

The most innocuous comments turn into wank and dogpiling, and I don't need that in my life.

True the sites community is horrid for having no concept of a civil discussion and very easily baited by weak trolling as if its there first day on the internet. lol

Say's allot that alt's/throwaways are a must to say honest opinions that might net -200 and angry PM's.

O

OscarDeer

I've only been on Reddit for about 7 Months now. I really love it and I enjoy posting on it and seeing some of the Art people make on r/furry.

As for Trolls and Dummies, they're probably Kids or Teenagers that just like to do that or have no common sense in them. Expect to find a lot of people like that not only on Reddit but also other large Websites.

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
fucking plebbit lmao

Edit:OMG THANKS FOR THE PLATINUM!!!!!1!

P

Purplefuzz

I have no idea why its called a discussion platform. The rules there are beyond stupid as if no one runing the joint has a clue.

- Too many subs punish new users(under a month) your either auto removed or have to have a certain amount of karma.

- Getting told you "doing this too much" with 16 min wait because i broke a rule that was just made up.

- Getting downvoted hardcore by the userbase for dare disagreeing on something. The headphone is horrid for this if you god forbid your fave can is a Grado labs one.

- Getting banned for no reason by a ignorant mod, Got banned from the subreddit drama sub for this reason. Turns out the mod team for that sub are a thin skinned joke if the makeup addiction drama is anything to go by.

AppleButt

I like scrolling through reddit. I’ve never had a problem with it.

But I’m not hard to please so....

fourur

petit trou du luke
it"s day and night, I had some supportive responses here like I had really free nasty reply from people who just want to puke some negativity. Now I just lurk here and here, but don't get involved much, plus, it dosen't stop to disconnect me. wiche is not encouraging imo. and as users can browse the history of others users, it's easy to blam someone for exemple, who is vegan( i'm not) in a sub that is not related and we quickly lose the conversation to get instead, a lot of troll in the comment.

P

Purplefuzz

it"s day and night, I had some supportive responses here like I had really free nasty reply from people who just want to puke some negativity. Now I just lurk here and here, but don't get involved much, plus, it dosen't stop to disconnect me. wiche is not encouraging imo. and as users can browse the history of others users, it's easy to blam someone for exemple, who is vegan( i'm not) in a sub that is not related and we quickly lose the conversation to get instead, a lot of troll in the comment.

From my experience allot there really no idea what a conversation is, I've gotten replies where they say something i have no idea what there talking about as if i know. Or flame me like 12 year old because i disagree or like something they don't.

TallmanClay

want taco
I've never experienced the kind of discouragement talked about here on Reddit. If I'm subscribed to a sub and the community sucks, I unsubscribe. Maybe it's because I'm not interested in the kinds of subreddits where opinions are given. I just want to see cool stuff for the most part. The majority of subs I'm subscribed to are ones about animals being cool, earth being beautiful, or art under some theme.

ASTA

The Worst of Us
Used to be good but once everyone started using it it basically turned into shit (same thing happened to YouTube, the gaming scene, and the Internet as a whole). Now, it's basically a collection of gross normie dens where parroting the correct opinion for pretend internet points is standard operating procedure. Throw in a horde of ass blasted moderators and their incompetent administrative overlords along with a bunch of half-baked memes stolen from 4chan and you have modern Reddit.

Shit's a joke.

Last edited:

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I think reddit can be great if you can find the right communities, and I've managed to find some great discord servers just from looking at subreddits. outside of that though I don't really spend that much time on the site unless I'm looking for something kind of specific or I drop in on one of the communities I'm a part of to give people advice

or make fun of shitty people

RossTheRottie

Movie Buff, Aquascapist, Hack Writer

That about sums it up, if I were being polite about it.

Last edited:

Moar Krabs

Aight boys
Banned
Honestly, old reddit was amazing. But now its gone to shit. I do use it but I never browse outside of the sub reddits Im in

P

Purplefuzz

I'm i the only noticing the downvote = disagree has gotten worse on there?. I swear when i new there like 3 years ago its was annoying to come back with my karma at -12 for dumb reasons and the fact you be locked out of few sub's because of it if it too low. I stopped using my 4 go to's because of the out of nowhere hostility that the community would pretend wasn't a issue.

I remember when i was told to fuck off at /r/thetruthishere to the shitty no sleep because of poor typing when i made a thread there on odd experiences. Same again when /r/Furry tried arguing how anything slightly negative opinion wise was wrong and downvoted any serious attempt at conversation a big drop in active users when it was a 20k sub. lol

Peach's

mathmagician
I only use very specific subs, I don't dabble in the general community as I find it kind of disgusting.

Liberonscien

I like Reddit though it can be toxic at times.

F

foussiremix

Reddit is like really mixed, there are great places with nice people and then there are these horrible reddit places filled with aholes.

Another dumb thing about it is the downvote , upvote, karma.
Could go into more detail but too lazy.

Its honestly a badly moderated site imo.

Liberonscien

Reddit is like really mixed, there are great places with nice people and then there are these horrible reddit places filled with aholes.

I think that people are not smart about giving people moderator on Reddit.

P

Purplefuzz

The issue i have with the mod system there is that you can join with zero experience. I can tolerate downvotes, but i find so stupid that site sees no issue having mods who sound 15 attack anyone they dislike. It's against site rules to ban users for their opinions/what they sub to yet at least 100 subs break that rule all the time.

The place is really two faced to worth posting there. I've gotten -4 and told to fuck off by dumb aholes who never read the posts they reply too.

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
I love Reddit, the frontpage communities suck ass but you can customize so much what you wanna see and there’s a lot of funny subreddits out there