• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your opinion on Reddit?

P

Purplefuzz

Reddits a good site but like with all big sites it you get all kinds of people. I haven't had too much issue with trolls or anything like that but I do get confused by the content that gets upvoted. I don't put much stock into the karma system but there are people that hide behind it and use it as a form of clout.

r/furry and r/furry_irl are really good sub reddits however like with other subreddits I'm really confused by what gets upvoted. On top of that most of the comments I see on r/furry_irl tend to be NSFW or inappropriate and are usually what garners the most upvotes, I know from testing that.

Most of the stuff that gets upvoted on r/furry are the same typical stuff, fursuiters almost always take top, couples pictures, anything super cute and typically certain artists so there isn't much diversity in the content, but hey it's what the fandom likes.

The furry subs are weak in my case the meme sub is a drama magnet with very immature users/mods and /r/Furry is just a art dump that downvotes any text based discussion all while crying about non furs being mean.

The last time i was active there i had a dude use a year old thread as proof that i reposting shit, With zero idea at how dumb he was being.

LeFay

Professional meme inspector
The furry subs are weak in my case the meme sub is a drama magnet with very immature users/mods and /r/Furry is just a art dump that downvotes any text based discussion all while crying about non furs being mean.

The last time i was active there i had a dude use a year old thread as proof that i reposting shit, With zero idea at how dumb he was being.

Well furry drama will exist anywhere large amounts of furries gather, I'm on 9 fandom discords and believe me, that environment gets hostile very quickly. I once posted a cat meme only to have 3 users start talking about how their parents uhhhhhhh layed hands on them.

I can see your point about r/furry, even a lot of the text based ones come from kids asking about how to come out to their parents about the fandom and at times creeps trying to get a nsfw rp going or crying about how no one likes them.

But I just try and enjoy the content even if a lot of it is not my flavor. Not to mention hardly anyone ever comments

You're right about furry irl as well but often times if you post witty comments I find that you don't have too much trouble.

As for the guy, honestly just ignore people like that. This community can be incredibly toxic at times but you just gotta role with it. But the freedom you get with reddit is one of the biggest reasons I like it but with that comes some bad actors. It's just part of being in a fandom.

P

Purplefuzz

Well furry drama will exist anywhere large amounts of furries gather, I'm on 9 fandom discords and believe me, that environment gets hostile very quickly. I once posted a cat meme only to have 3 users start talking about how their parents uhhhhhhh layed hands on them.

I can see your point about r/furry, even a lot of the text based ones come from kids asking about how to come out to their parents about the fandom and at times creeps trying to get a nsfw rp going or crying about how no one likes them.

But I just try and enjoy the content even if a lot of it is not my flavor. Not to mention hardly anyone ever comments

You're right about furry irl as well but often times if you post witty comments I find that you don't have too much trouble.

As for the guy, honestly just ignore people like that. This community can be incredibly toxic at times but you just gotta role with it. But the freedom you get with reddit is one of the biggest reasons I like it but with that comes some bad actors. It's just part of being in a fandom.

Furry_irl was a total mess with users being total assholes on LGBT topics that soured my view. /r/Furry is a mess with what counts a Q or mature rated, Why would a PG 13 lady beach pin up be yiff related?. But a near naked male anthro get through fine.

There no point in furry Reddit when most discords and this is better in every way.

LeFay

Professional meme inspector
Furry_irl was a total mess with users being total assholes on LGBT topics that soured my view. /r/Furry is a mess with what counts a Q or mature rated, Why would a PG 13 lady beach pin up be yiff related?. But a near naked male anthro get through fine.

There no point in furry Reddit when most discords and this is better in every way.

Ya furry_irl can be like that sometimes, again I find ignoring people like that is the best way to go about it. Not engaging them and leaving a down vote is the best way to tell them their comment is offensive or uninteresting. But I appreciate the funny pictures and memes.

r/furry can be really arbitrary with its moderation sometimes but they are human and make mistakes. It more of something you have to take up with them. They're very nice people.

As for discord and FAF, discord is troublesome. I find it hard to integrate into already established cliches and I tend to not get much love from that end of things, plus the drama can get pretty unholy.

FAF is a good site, I enjoy the conversation but I find myself limited in the scope of content and again I don't get much love here either.

Reddit however gives me a lot of freedom and I get to talk to some really funny and fun people without worrying about bans and censors. Plus with its volume of users you get a lot of opportunities at first impressions.

I get more replays and conversation from reddit then I do FAF, TFF, Discord, Facebook and Twitter combined so maybe I'm a bit biased but I get if it isn't your flavor, and that's okay it definitely isn't everybody's.

P

Purplefuzz

Ya furry_irl can be like that sometimes, again I find ignoring people like that is the best way to go about it. Not engaging them and leaving a down vote is the best way to tell them their comment is offensive or uninteresting. But I appreciate the funny pictures and memes.

r/furry can be really arbitrary with its moderation sometimes but they are human and make mistakes. It more of something you have to take up with them. They're very nice people.

As for discord and FAF, discord is troublesome. I find it hard to integrate into already established cliches and I tend to not get much love from that end of things, plus the drama can get pretty unholy.

FAF is a good site, I enjoy the conversation but I find myself limited in the scope of content and again I don't get much love here either.

Reddit however gives me a lot of freedom and I get to talk to some really funny and fun people without worrying about bans and censors. Plus with its volume of users you get a lot of opportunities at first impressions.

I get more replays and conversation from reddit then I do FAF, TFF, Discord, Facebook and Twitter combined so maybe I'm a bit biased but I get if it isn't your flavor, and that's okay it definitely isn't everybody's.

The biggest issue i have with FAF is the fandom crusaders who sound like its their first time that all fandoms and communities are not perfect. Got ganged on a now locked thread because god forbid for pointing out the stupidity on naming and shaming cub fans, That right there making consider Reddit.

Not to mention in 2018 this forum was just easily baited assholes who turn everything into a political war.

Connor J. Coyote

Got ganged on a now locked thread because god forbid for pointing out the stupidity on naming and shaming cub fans, That right there making consider Reddit.
Welp... if I personally find that I'm "in above my head" on a particular argument, then - sometimes "being ganged up on" (I think) can be a good thing (at times), believe it or not.

As, (if anything) - it shows that I can think, and articulate (for myself); as opposed to "following the proverbial rationale of the flock" - on a particular issue. ;)

And so - "standing my ground" (within an argument) can also be seen as standing up for myself - in a lot of ways; (with my belief system, or my values, or whatever).... and so - the "heat in the kitchen" that I may experience, (with being a "lone coyote" on a thread, sometimes) - if anything, shows that I'm not afraid to "take a stand" when need be - even if it's seen as a controversial one, (for some people).

So, "taking the heat" (sometimes) - kind of goes with the territory.... in a lot of ways.... and, it really all comes down to how one handles it - that matters.

Mutual respect however, (is key) I also find... meaning: I can articulate my views forcefully, but still do so respectfully... and, if the other side gets too disrespectful, then - it's time to simply walk away, at that point. ;)

Jestwinged

<Insert Meme Here>
I browse reddit multiple times a day, I find some subs absolutely hilarious and the home page is usually pretty interesting. Saying that though there are very strange subreddits out there :confused:

P

Purplefuzz

I browse reddit multiple times a day, I find some subs absolutely hilarious and the home page is usually pretty interesting. Saying that though there are very strange subreddits out there :confused:

Askreddit and others subs are great time wasters, Better than other forums that can get pretty mean because they can't buried under downvotes.

Jestwinged

<Insert Meme Here>
Askreddit and others subs are great time wasters, Better than other forums that can get pretty mean because they can't buried under downvotes.

Yeah they are good time wasters indeed :) Some of my favourite subs are the more cringe ones like r/iamverybadass r/iamverysmart r/cringetopia etc :p

P

Purplefuzz

Yeah they are good time wasters indeed :) Some of my favourite subs are the more cringe ones like r/iamverybadass r/iamverysmart r/cringetopia etc :p

Subredditdrama can be funny seeing few Redditors act like group of chimps fighting over something stupid. Also subbed the verysmart since online experts can be very funny when raging.

Jestwinged

<Insert Meme Here>
Subredditdrama can be funny seeing few Redditors act like group of chimps fighting over something stupid. Also subbed the verysmart since online experts can be very funny when raging.

Yeah some people on reddit can be..... interesting o_O I find there are alot of ''snowflakes'' on reddit, especially on LGBT type posts, if you say anything that is even slightly against the narrative you are like -60000 karma lol

Saying that one bad habit I have is looking on ones like r/iamatotalpieceofshit which just get me mad

P

Purplefuzz

The discussion is beyond trash there can't have a convo without either them not replying suddenly or just downvoting with no context. Yet the site loves crying how Twitter/Facebook are cancer?.

Heppi

The happy one~
I tried reddit...two times, actually and I have mixed feelings. It's definitely a great place to find the newest informations about the topics you like. The voting system is good for this, too, to find "good" content more easily. There are a lot of people, always posting things, so it's easier as well to find like-minded ones. When I ask a question, there is always a nice person who likes to answer it. And doing so in a thoroughly manner. :)
On the other hand it's possible to get downvoted fast. Like when trying to argue reasonable in a overall toxic environment.
And it's hard to get heard sometimes, within the masses. That's why I avoid popular topics and prefer to look into new topics and find new interesting people there. Similar to other things, like popular YouTube videos or art.

t_iii

I have mixed feelings on Reddit. On one hand last year the theme park subreddits were incredibly helpful when planning/organising our 15th anniversary holiday... but posting art there has mostly been weirdly/awful comments. For instance a recent Zelda piece I did got comments about her short hair re: no longer being a woman/too manly etc. and a few other rude/nsfw remarks.

P

Purplefuzz

I have mixed feelings on Reddit. On one hand last year the theme park subreddits were incredibly helpful when planning/organising our 15th anniversary holiday... but posting art there has mostly been weirdly/awful comments. For instance a recent Zelda piece I did got comments about her short hair re: no longer being a woman/too manly etc. and a few other rude/nsfw remarks.

Yup it's a very hit and miss site, Really good for info and time wasting but on par with 4chan for unneeded rudeness by people who are 15 or neckbeards. The furry subs are always baited hard by the cringe subs and mosts parts lose their minds on anything related to furries.

t_iii

Yup it's a very hit and miss site, Really good for info and time wasting but on par with 4chan for unneeded rudeness by people who are 15 or neckbeards. The furry subs are always baited hard by the cringe subs and mosts parts lose their minds on anything related to furries.
Honestly I've been on the internet long enough to have a thick skin for most things but I've found the negative comments on Reddit to be weird (and indeed bait-y) in a way that I haven't seen often elsewhere.

I still think that it can be a good source of information on specific topics if the subreddits in question are well moderated but the more general ones seem to be hit and miss at best or filled with down right toxic negativity at worst.

P

Purplefuzz

It heavily depends on the sub the community reaction. I don't use /r/Justunsubbed because the mods never enforce rules and just ignore the sub with a dumb excuse on why.

Mirko

I love Reddit for interesting news and reading people's unusual experiences. Some people relax in front of their favorite TV show or TV show, but I really love reading, so reading is my hobby. When I'm tired in the evening, but feeling emotionally and informationally hungry, I just read all the posts on Reddit, and for me it's even more interesting than reading books (although I love that, too). Also, you can write novellas or short stories here and people will see them without your post. It's much more convenient than "writing for yourself" or publishing a book. More cool Reddit features here https://www.viralboost.io/collections/reddit-accounts

Last edited:

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Another platform I've never used, and have heard mixed things about

Luxibutt

Silly Pupper Girl
The discussion is beyond trash there can't have a convo without either them not replying suddenly or just downvoting with no context. Yet the site loves crying how Twitter/Facebook are cancer?.
I think that's the funny thing about this whole Twitter drama. Reddit is pretty toxic also. Like all the social media though, you can pick and choose what comes onto your feed. Twitter for me is full of memes and art because I made it so it is that way. It took a year to make it that way, but it was finally great not seeing some unsavory things on my timeline. Same thing with Reddit, I comb over what subs comes up on my front page. If I want to know what's going on, I can go to All and check it out. As for Facebook, same thing. You weed out content that you want to see. Same with family members, you can put them on snooze for a good while so you don't have to see their content.

But if you mention at all about how Reddit is a social media, people shit themselves.

Average_Lurker

I have no idea what I'm doing
I follow the subreddits of couple obscure video games and niche stuff I like. I consider that to be all Reddit is really good for. Not a fan of the larger subreddits so I try to avoid them.

Smityyyy

Toxic… full of teenagers and Dunning–Kruger.

There’s some decent subs and you can sometimes get good instruction manuals/techniques. Hobby subs seem to be best. But there’s also a lot of people who pretend they have any clue what they’re talking about alongside a very young user-base.

I’m not a fan of most social media and strictly limit my consumption. However, IMO Reddit is among the worst of them.