• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your PC

MrPhox

I have now is a dinosaure.

A Intel Celeron D. 80 gig or HD, 1.5 gig of RAM, Win XP

My computer die on me June 11 :(, the mother board die and did not go to the bios to load.

I was having problem with the com, but did not know what was it, then my second HD was no longer show. I manage to backup my book mark and my furry folder on a USB key. I try to reboot, but the computer stop. No bip, no video signal, nothing.

I remove the video card and plug the monitor direct on the mother board, no signal. I remove 3 of the 4 gig of ram, no signal. I remove the HD no signal.

The ram are ok, the HD seem ok since when I boot I can feel it.

So its the motherboard that die :(

It was a AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core processor 4200+ 2.20Ghz with 4 gig of RAM 64bits win 7 HD 500 Gig and 200 Gig. Video card of 1 gig.

Blu-wolf

Blu-ray howl!
No pictures since it isn't much to see as its basically a 5 year old Dell laptop that's been upgraded over the years. Runs like a champ though. :)

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Kingston 500gb SSD
WD 500gb internal hdd

MrPhox

This week I will see how it turn out. It need a power supply, a battery for the motherboard, a HD to install the OS, I still got 2 gig of ram, still got my video card and the old HDs. Don't know if the motherboard is good or not.

If not I will have to wait and see in august due to a problem with the landlord.

Experimentonomen

I throwed away most of the laptops and a buncha stationaries i had sitting around, instead i got myself this thing added to my system:
uFRcDt0.jpg

Alpine

The best Renault
I have an 8.5lb ASUS Laptop (great arm workout carrying that daily with its massive charging cord and plenty of other items). My lifestyle unfortunately couldn't support lugging a desktop everywhere, so I decided to upgrade my cheapo Costco lappy.

Graphics: GTX 980M
Processor: Intel i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz (it'll go up to 3.4 safely)
HD: In additon to the SSD, internal 1TB HDD + 1.5TB external and a ploethra of flash drives
USB: 4 USB Slots (still not enough)
RAM: 16gb
Screen: 17.3" and usually dual screen onto my tv for 8 windows open at one time
Broken U key

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
T7YAf1N.jpg

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin

stimpy

I'm only a minor alcoholic
image.jpg
This is my machine, not much but it does the 4 main things I need to do. Play gta iv, MSTS, CSGO and the pokies

Hollandicus

My battlestation is a hackintosh (a pc built and rigged to run OSX)! his name is Ambrose.

YxbL8mQ.jpg

8rt1QSU.jpg

I ... might have named him after a porygon i have in one of my pokemon games.

took me literally a week to get all the low-level stuff working so he would boot, but i've had him for about two years now and he's extremely stable.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3
Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" SSD & Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB
Case: BitFenix Prodigy M Midnight MicroATX Mini
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G500 Wired Laser Mouse

Druky!

Upgrading your RAM probably isn't going to be your best option... you're running an i5-4600 but you only have a GTX 650; you should match that i5 with a better GPU with performance like the GTX 960/AMD R9 380, these are older cards, their newer generation cards are the RX 470 and the GTX 1060

(Crow)

is this housepets
3rd gen ipod touch (don't have pc). I use neighbor's wi-fi because here internet is expensive and I think he doesn't even use internet so whatever

Generic Fox

King of Autotune
My computer is a libreboot thinkpad x200 running trisquel gnu/linux-libre.

My workstation/gaming PC with a i5 4690k overclocked to 4.2ghz at 1.18 volts with a Antec AIO unit on top of it I also have 2 1tb hdds and one 3tb hdd and a 500gh hdd in a hotswap bay and a 270gb ssd for the boot drive. It also has 16gb of ram and a 8gb reference AMD Radeon RX 480 as the main GPU and a Sappire Radeon R7 240 that has no display hooked up to it and does calculations for a program called Folding@Home. All of it is powered by a Corsair 750watt 80+ bronze PSU and I'm using a Asrock Z97 Extreme 4 motherboard.
(Will update with pics when I get the chance to compress the immages to be less then 1mb in size)

MrFranco

Nintendork with a PC
pc_by_mrmontolio-daxe48e.jpg

The monitor is from 2008, although it became mine 4 years later, when my brother, my dad and I had our own PCs each. The res is 1680 x 1050, if I'm not wrong.

Also I'm GLAD I bought this case (Cooler Master Elite 130). First it was merely aesthetic, but also due the shape, it has a mucb better gravity center. I mean, that's the best place I could place in my room... Since I also use a sketchbook on my desk.

I built the PC with my brother on late September. It was my 1st built. My brother has built quite a few for a decade, but I think it was his first mini-ITX.

Specs time!

i5-6500
ASUS H110I PLUS
MSI GTX 950 GAMING 2
2 x 8GB Crucial DDR4
SSD Crucial 256 GB
HDD WD 1TB Blue
Seasonic 620w

I bought one of the ram sticks and the HDD two months later. I'm kinda regretful for not buying a modular PSU... Kinda a pain cleaning my PC. Should had spent just a few more bucks.

I reseached everything on: SoloTodo, a site that compares component prices from all stores of a few South american countries; a couple of FB art groups; LinusTechTips' forum and YouTube channel. Before I didn't even know about compatibilities of each piece, and I knew it was easy to learn. My brother and brother in law merely helped me on saving my budget a bit when I asked for help afterwards.

Am I happy with this? FUCK YES! At first I was afraid it wasn't going to be enough, but those PC gamers surely have elitist perspectives. It wasn't cheap after all! I just wanted a good PC for 3D rendering and drawing, and don't upgrade for years (maybe only the GPU if I make 3D an income).

Redout is the only modern game I have atm. It runs at 60fps half of the time with all settings max. The worst is like 20fps, but that's only like 1% of the time.

So yeah! Long live my PC.

Khazius

The Fruit Bat
GPU: MSI Gefore GTX 1070 Quicksilver
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Fomula-Z CPU
Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon liquid cooler
Power: Corsair 750W 80+ platinum power supply
Storage: 500gb Ram: 16gb
Monitor: 29' LG extra wide

WolfyJake

Professional Cuddlefluff
hN9en3g.jpg

My current desktop setup. It changes often, sometimes I sit on the couch.

Obligatory Specs:

Nvidia GTX960M
Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHz
8 GB Ram (expandable)
1TB Storage
And 64 bit Windows 10 Home