• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your reaction if Nintendo went third party?

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
I seriously would/could not give 2 flying shits what nintendumb does with their stuff.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
It wouldn't affect me personally but it would cause me to sigh at the passing of a video game era. In that hypothetical scenario, it would be saddening to see a truly great company that introduced many Americans to the idea of gaming in 1985 have to sell themselves into the service of their hated enemies. I tend to think that the 3DS and its copyright would keep that from happening.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I wouldn't mind as long as I still could play their games. Who knows? Maybe the quality of their games would actually benefit from it because they wouldn't have to worry about hardware anymore?

But I don't think this is gonna happen. The 3DS is a success and if they step up their game with the successor to the Wii U in a couple of years they will be fine.
Even if they were to drop home consoles they would continue to make handhelds because that is what they are best at right now.

Personally, I just ordered a Wii U today. I don't care about third parties, but I expect BigN to step up their game with first party titles now. That is why I think the Wii U is so interesting right now, Nintendo first party games always have a level of polish that the other developers simply can't reach.

Stratelier

It would mean Nintendo can't take chances with hardware development since they're not the ones in control of the hardware anymore. At best they'd be making custom peripherals (it's easy to imagine the Wii Remote + sensor bar as USB devices).

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
I'd be pretty pissed off. Nintendo has been first-party longer than either Microsoft or Sony, and I'm not gonna be happy if that changes.

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Sure, some games might work best on a specific console, as a lot of Nintendo games make strong use of their systems' unique features. But hell, I would not be disappointed to see a Metroid game on Steam or something like that!

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
"Goodbye, Nintendo consoles."

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Everyone would be miserable (Aside of Fernin). Because TR would never ever shut up would it and he'll be spamming TFL till the day he dies.

Hooky

Was hermiting.
If they went third party? -*facedesk* They'd still produce decent games though. Still, the end of an era..

Corto

Yes let's ruin this thread with name calling and personal attacks. That's a wonderful idea.

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
I like Nintendo. All faults aside, Pokemon.

Yes.

Kazooie

Crusader for Cute