• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your Relation to Your Fursona

PenningtontheSkunk

What is this internet?
I've got multiple fursonas and I relate to them as the brothers, ideal friends, and older sister I've never had.

(I'm the only child with little IRL friends.)

Razorscab

Still sad about MCR
FANG is a reflection of myself with a little more badassness thrown in. She has my likes, dislikes, birthdate and my (lack of) fashion sense. She's my main fursona and I've had her since 5th grade (9+ years).

Joanie on the other hand is a representation of both my angst and my almost non-existant feminine side. She's kind of girly but she's not afraid to get mad and maybe break stuff while moshing or something. Basically the only similarities are that we both play bass and we both like punk music. That and I really wish I had a mohawk. :/

Last edited:

Calemeyr

Vere Adeptus
Wow you made it just in time. A few more days and...boom.

Anyways, Marcus is the personfication of my passion for fantasy. (My other passion, science fiction, made me a physics major. This happens alot with scientists.). He shares all of my traits, maybe more free-spirited to counteract my relatively mundane life, and, importantly has traits I wish to see in myself: better fitness, strength, and independence, among other things. It's all allegorical and stuff, (maybe I've seen the Neverending Story too many times).

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Character representation, simple as that. Also same hobbies and fetishes.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Wish fulfillment. Telnac is NOT me, but if I have the chance in my extreme old age, I'd happily follow his path and have my mind downloaded into an android too (especially if android dragon is an option!)

A mascot. I may use them to represent my feelings and thoughts on the web/paper but I'd probably be in jail for arson if they were modeled exactly like me. Maybe more abstractly they may represent female/male sides or something. Interestingly enough I found out badgers as totem animals match me perfectly.(internetresearchthoughlol) Maybe later I'll have a more personal "fursona".

Kreevox

Groovy Kitsune
theres a difference since I have Kreev Fox: The Character, and Kreev Fox: My Fursona. They're about the same personality, my fursona has my physique, while my character is ripped like Edward Elric, plus my fursona is just a cartoon ver. of me, while my character is in a completely different fucking universe, with all other kinds of shit going on

Octa

A mascot. I may use them to represent my feelings and thoughts on the web/paper but I'd probably be in jail for arson if they were modeled exactly like me. Maybe more abstractly they may represent female/male sides or something. Interestingly enough I found out badgers as totem animals match me perfectly.(internetresearchthoughlol) Maybe later I'll have a more personal "fursona".

Are you saying your in jail for arson?

RedFoxTwo

Sarcastic Lurker
My fursona is just me, but 20 years older and with a job and 4 kids. But then again my life ambition is to become a loving and responsible father.
I do though have a secondary fursona to represent all my worst points: My over-inflated ego, my cold, uncaring nature, etc.
The way I see it, If you want something to represent yourself fully, how about present YOURSELF.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I am their Creator, Lord and Master. They are mere puppets.

Are you saying your in jail for arson?

No, but I would be if I was like my "fursona(s)". I didn't base them off of me on certain things, they have their own separate character traits. They're suppose to be more like mascots, or tools, than a badger version of me.

Spunkyfull

Shotgun Ninja
I tend to change my fursona damn near weekly.
But I find that as of recent, I've identified with being a Moth.
I'm nowhere to be found all day, and I hang around quiet light sources all night long.

Spoosty

IRL, I have this problem where I have a very hard time putting my emotions into words. Not so ironically, it's very hard for me to explain. Anyway, I gave my fursona an extreme version of that: she can't talk at all. Not mute, just was never able to learn to form words. I wish above all else that I could fly, so I gave her wings. Other than that, she's pretty much me. =]

FeatheredCritter

Alkali Regnant
My fursona is a hamster. After I had my first hamster when I was 5, I fell in love with them. For a long time my fursona was canine, but about a year ago I realized that I love hamsters more than wolves.

My fursona is feral though, and I often draw her without the two accessories that make her more like me (feathers and glasses).

QuickSticks45

Wishes he could fly
I feel that my Fursona is a bit of a cross between myself and a version that i want to be. He's someone that gets out more which is something that id like to do but i don't have a car and i envy his freedom, but he's like me in the dress style and personality i wanted it to be more of an extension of myself not a whole new me.

LeoLeo

Wondering past in the haze.
Eh, well, I have two fursonas; both representing two different parts of me. The male one, Leo, takes the fact that I was to be a guy IRL rather than a girl, and takes every thing I'm unsure about with myself and makes it how I'd ideally see myself (male, slim, confident, funny, ect).
The female, Silver, is pretty much a direct copy of me in terms of personality, likes and dislikes, hair, ect.

And they're both cats lol They look like twins, when I draw them together.

Folgrimeo

I forget if I posted to this topic. Anyway, Folgy (see avatar) is me but more outgoing and confident. The usual "he's ideally who I want to be". He'd definitely be more honest about himself and his faults, which would mirror mine anyway. And he might as well be gay considering how strongly "furry gay" I am, but I've never really explored that.

FireFeathers

Mr. Red Flag
Rei's the anti-fursona originally- neurotic, clumsy ,stupid and short, things I hated about myself at some point in my life but had grown out of. I chose an Akita since I was mauled by one as a kid, that was the only connection, since people kept pestering me for my fursona, and people interested in a two-person commission with mine were SOL because I didn't have a fursona.

I've since made her more tolerable, and have grown to embrace the stupid clumsy side of things again. The relationship is kinda like your gross best friend you put up with.

Littlerock

numb with cold
Littlerock and I share:
-German descent
-extinct/imminently so
-short/small stature
-useless at mostly everything
-would eat a bug if hungry enough
-love of trees
-lots of feathers
-derp
-pisspoor at flight*

A wild ENEMY appears!
LITTLEROCK uses FLY!
...it's not very effective.
LITTLEROCK faints!

Last edited:

Dj_whoohoo

I would wish my fursona was real, and based off of me. All of it except the stabbing part. Read my fursona if you want.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
My fursona has a short temper, and I have a short temper.

So creative :V

Seneka

My fursona is a compilation of many things, but it's mostly centered around the animal I feel spiritually connected to, as well as the traits I can already use to describe myself.