• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your sona then vs. your sona now

How much has your sona changed over time?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 134556

Post pics or describe your earliest design of your sona followed by the present version they are now.

Here are mine

wired.png
Nexus ref sheet.jpg

Sam Akuchin Wamm

it's hard to say how much my fursona has changed since it's mostly based on myself but with magic powers.

but i guess in terms of those powers they've had a complete overhaul.

Sam Akuchin Wamm

i guess when Undertale became popular i changed my oc's clothes from the striped sweater and shorts combo because too many people were drawing sinilarities to that copycat character Asriel.

had the same outfit on my character since the 1970's so who's copying whom hmm?

i still mix and match my character's outfit a lot today but i'm back to my old tricks with the green sweater after watching Duck Tales.

not like Undertale is going away any time soon so might as well.

no reason i should have to do without.

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
I'll admit! I've been doing the big change for quite the long time! If I had to be brutally honest with myself, I would say over the time I first discovered the fandom, I've switched an accordance of 171 times, all different species. I've used a lot, ranging from Nimbat, Spirit Guardian, Fox, Bat eared fox, Fennec foxes, bats, mice, squirrels, ferrets, cats, dogs, skunks, rats, dragons, Mew, Lucario, Riolu, Pikachu, Eevee, Umbreon, Sylveon, Espeon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Glaceon, Weavile, Pichu, Pluse, Minun, Rockruff, Midnight Lycanroc, cat/fox hybrids, raptors, and more!

For now, I've settled at long last with an OC of mine named Rai the Ferret, who is a CEO. he's meant to be like me in every way, and I always had a soft spot for ferrets, especially when I heard they were the third most common pets other than cats and dogs. I plan to get one soon, and name him Rai too!

But yeah, Rai the ferret is my current and ONLY sona, which is good because I have been really indecisive over the years. I'm just glad to have finally settled down with a top choice, and one I'll stick with permanently, and even try to get a suit of! All in due time, and I shall attest to it once Rai becomes well known, up in the ranks with Majira and Fluke and all that.

Rayd

philosophy & psychology nerd
at first, when i was still passionate about the fandom, my sona was more of a character than a sona. i had developed this stoic, mysterious character and built a world around him. i had various versions of potential backstories for him, none of which were ever cemented. all of them, however, involved him being a bit of a tamed nutjob that used his magic-fueled floating library to traverse from planet to planet, and universe to universe to learn new magics, steal powerful artifacts and become the most powerful mage of all existence. while he wasn't necessarily a sona, considering i'm not an all powerful mage in real life, he was the only character i had at the time and he was the one i chose to represent myself with.
flame edgy rayd.jpg

as i've grown less and less passionate for the fandom, i began seeing the pointlessness of having a deep, well-developed character in a community where nobody would really care, and decided to adapt my sona to be more like your usual generic canine character, and more like myself. much of his pieces depict himself as being reflective, contemplative, and a drifter.
smoking rayd2.gif

although i've mostly left his past...well, in the past, i've not completely forgotten about it, and have even humored ties between his previous character and his current in his lore, that being his past version of himself being his long lost father in an alternate dimension, who still talks to him in his dreams every now and then as a shadowy figure, which he commonly mistakes for a sleep-paralysis demon, in denial that it's truly his father.

Spitfire110

Bersaglieri
New vs old Refs

Not actually very many changes.

Attachments

• Shorkref2.png
    Shorkref2.png
    563.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 1547684124.mydlas_shark_ref_sheet.jpg
    1547684124.mydlas_shark_ref_sheet.jpg
    653.7 KB · Views: 24

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
I'll admit! I've been doing the big change for quite the long time! If I had to be brutally honest with myself, I would say over the time I first discovered the fandom, I've switched an accordance of 171 times, all different species. I've used a lot, ranging from Nimbat, Spirit Guardian, Fox, Bat eared fox, Fennec foxes, bats, mice, squirrels, ferrets, cats, dogs, skunks, rats, dragons, Mew, Lucario, Riolu, Pikachu, Eevee, Umbreon, Sylveon, Espeon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Glaceon, Weavile, Pichu, Pluse, Minun, Rockruff, Midnight Lycanroc, cat/fox hybrids, raptors, and more!

For now, I've settled at long last with an OC of mine named Rai the Ferret, who is a CEO. he's meant to be like me in every way, and I always had a soft spot for ferrets, especially when I heard they were the third most common pets other than cats and dogs. I plan to get one soon, and name him Rai too!

But yeah, Rai the ferret is my current and ONLY sona, which is good because I have been really indecisive over the years. I'm just glad to have finally settled down with a top choice, and one I'll stick with permanently, and even try to get a suit of! All in due time, and I shall attest to it once Rai becomes well known, up in the ranks with Majira and Fluke and all that.

I have a ferret (Spinel.) She's cuddling with me right now. :3

I have had loads of fursonas but my first was a silver fox and my current is a Belgian hare rabbit.

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
I have a ferret (Spinel.) She's cuddling with me right now. :3

I have had loads of fursonas but my first was a silver fox and my current is a Belgian hare rabbit.
Ah, very nice! And cool, you have a ferret! Also, I find it nice, seems like a fox might've been everyone's first beginning!

softmouse17

magick mouse
My old sona was a rabbit (pic is of my gf and I) but I never really felt right with it. My new(ish) sona is a mouse that I feel suits me much better. Plus, I like cheese more than carrots! ;P

Attachments

• bun_brigade.png
    bun_brigade.png
    301.2 KB · Views: 20
  • adrestia.png
    adrestia.png
    823.3 KB · Views: 21

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

2016:

Present design is pretty much the same, but the colors need adjustment

Sam Akuchin Wamm

Foxes are a plague, lol.
i've looked after foxes before. i used to work in a rehabilitation center where we'd foster and raise foxes to be returned to the wild.

foxes themselves are lovely creatures.

fox furries really don't do the animal itself any justice. they are absolutely nothing like the animal.

fox furries are basically like chimp babies.

a lot of what you think is canine behavior is actually primate behavior and if you knew what the hell you were talking about you'd know all you fox furries just act like a bunch of baby chimps.

sorry to disappoint.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
i've looked after foxes before. i used to work in a rehabilitation center where we'd foster and raise foxes to be returned to the wild.

fox furries really don't do the animal itself any justice. they are absolutely nothing like the animal.

a lot of what you think is canine behavior is actually primate behavior and if you knew what the hell you were talking about you'd know all you fox furries just act like a bunch of baby chimps.

sorry to disappoint
Obligatory d'awww for your work with floofs <3

And now I'm curious what primate behaviors you're referring to

Xitheon

The cat's mother.

sorry to disappoint.

Humans are basically baby chimps so I'm not at all surprised.

fawlkes

Roxanne.png

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
Ah, sona sona eveywhere. Sona choices everywhere too! Geez, I knew I was pretty indecisive about my sonas, but I finally did manage to pick one. I first made on way back in 2010, when I was about seven or so. That character, as stated before, was Voiko Moonlight, a generic black and red fox that I had pictured in my mind. As I got older, I found more ways to design him, and I also found....a lot of other species. All in all, it took about over 150 of them to finally make me stick with a Lucario by the name of Rai Masaki. A lot, and it was worth it, because Rai is a good, no, great example of all the toil we've been through! So with that decided, the real fun begins with a sona I can actually enjoy too!

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
I came up with a character called “Milestone” when I was around six years old. She’s remained the OC I’ve had the strongest connection with although I wouldn’t call her my fursona per se. She isn’t a representation of me.
She was a human, a dolphin, a wading bird, a shapeshifter, a phoenix, and now a peregrine falcon- in that order. The only thing that remained consistent was her name.

Last edited:

StolenMadWolf

resident Lab Wolf
My fursona, Kili, was originally supposed to be a completely blank slate to represent myself. He was originally a golden-brown anthro wolf with blue eyes. However, he didn't really have any personality apart from being a furry avatar for myself.

However, as time progressed I started adding on a few different features and tweaks to Kili to try and make him stand out more whilst still being true to myself. That started off by changing Kili's fur colour from brown to black, and giving him blue highlights for his hair.

However, his true personality and character would only come out after I spoted someone in Second Life sporting these yellow tattoos that glowed. So I had a search around and picked up a blue version for my avatar. When I put them on, everything just clicked about how I wanted to build up Kili's character from that point on. Namely by giving him nanoites to mess around with. Ever since then, Kili's personality, history and character has been expanded to such an extent that is is effectively an OC. However, he is still very much my sona because at his core, he reperesents me whilst still being able to stand out on his own two feet.

So he goes from the above to:

Credit to Huie, extra info here: https://www.furaffinity.net/view/33515836/

And:

Credit to Zeitzbach, more info here: https://www.furaffinity.net/view/37629847/

Lexiand

Werewolf a Tophat