• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Your "zodiac sona" ?

PC Master Race

The only long-ranged tank/healer you'll ever see
OK not exactly the right term but here's how it goes :

Combine your zodiac sign and Chinese horoscope (based on your year of birth) and make a character based on that.

In case you can't or don't feel like making any art of the character, just go ahead with any visual character-creating apps and tools you got, that's totally fine.
Here's one suggestion for you : https://www.heroforge.com/ (thanks again to my dad @Underlord Veles )

For example, my zodiac sign is the scorpion, and my horoscope is the pig, so I have my fursona Jin the boar-scorpion : https://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/jin-is-back.1673003/

Post a pic of them in the comment too, I'd like to see what you got !

PC Master Race

based on this my signs are Virgo and the rabbit and to add their elemental affiliations Virgo is to earth and rabbit is to fire so i should be a female rabbit volcano
Sounds like a fancy one right there. Ain't seen rabbits with such destructive powers before, hehe.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Western: Capricorn
Chinese: Rabbit

Hooo boy....
Like, a jackalope thing with a fish tail?

FayeBunny

Hm. What to do with a ram and a dragon? Something interesting I found while looking for dragon-y inspiration is that the elements change through the cycle, and for me, I landed on a metal year for dragon. Aries' element is fire, so I've got a sheep, a dragon, fire, and metal. Someone better at character design than I am could probably make something pretty amazing with that. Anyway, I made an attempt at the least.
Screenshot (68).png
Screenshot (67).png

It's probably just my laptop not being able to handle it, but things always look half rendered in hero forge for me. ^^'

PC Master Race

Hm. What to do with a ram and a dragon? Something interesting I found while looking for dragon-y inspiration is that the elements change through the cycle, and for me, I landed on a metal year for dragon. Aries' element is fire, so I've got a sheep, a dragon, fire, and metal. Someone better at character design than I am could probably make something pretty amazing with that. Anyway, I made an attempt at the least.
View attachment 104096View attachment 104097
It's probably just my laptop not being able to handle it, but things always look half rendered in hero forge for me. ^^'
That's already a pretty solid char you got there already :)

FayeBunny

That's already a pretty solid char you got there already :)
It's not really a character at the moment, but more of just a design, I guess? Pretty much just slapped it together without a ton of thought. ^^' I might turn the design into a character though. After I make the colors work better together, anyway. The wings & tail added to the rest which is mostly sheep-y just feels a bit disjointed, and I think it's because the colors are practically two completely separate palettes.

PC Master Race

It's not really a character at the moment, but more of just a design, I guess? Pretty much just slapped it together without a ton of thought. ^^' I might turn the design into a character though. After I make the colors work better together, anyway. The wings & tail added to the rest which is mostly sheep-y just feels a bit disjointed, and I think it's because the colors are practically two completely separate palettes.
I can help you with the colors. Here's a simple example.
In the "mix" part of the colors, you'd see the colors currently on the model, along with the "type" for them : cloth, hair, leather, metal, and wood. The yellow is the shirt, obviously.
1615433744327.png

Select a color (in this case the yellow) and scroll down until you see the options on the right.
1615433832343.png

Here's what you gotta do to make the color looks better :
Move the "roughness" slide to 5.0, and the "fuzz" all the way to zero.
Then check the "metal" box.
1615433933264.png

You can do this with all other color types too, such as even hair (fur works just as well) :
1615434031089.png

As for metal colors, you just drag the "roughness" all the way to the left so they look shiny and pretty :
1615434130556.png

In summary :
- If the color is "skin" type, leave it as it is.
- If the color is "metal" type, put the roughness at zero.
- If the color is any other type, put the roughness at 5.0 and check the metal box.

Now give it a try and see what ya got.

FayeBunny

Ohh, I just assumed "mix" meant literally mixing colors together and that's it. I ended up basically redoing all the colors and changing a few other things, and I think it's better this time. Although, I didn't mess with those settings much other than just turning them on. My laptop could barely handle it and sounded like it was about to burst into flames at any second. It's kinda old and wasn't very good even when it was new so it's not surprising.
Screenshot (72).png
Screenshot (71).png

there's a bit of the shoulder piece poking through the arm but I'm not bothered enough to fix it.

PC Master Race

Still a lot better now indeed, I'd say. I like that yellow wings, and the color combination looks real good.

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
Horse and Pisces? That would definitely be a hippocampus, so they'd look something like this (finding good pictures was harder than I thought it'd be, since a Google search just comes up with pictures of brains)
1615483743688.png

StolenMadWolf

resident Lab Wolf
Western: Gemini
Eastern: Fire Rat

Well... don't know how a rat would work out with Gemini... Would there be two rats that were literally on fire or something?

That being said lthough, I do have a character that draws on some of the more symbolic elements of both Zodiacs, and whilst the character isn't a rat, their more ambigous design could offer a little bit of rat in there. Enough that I even added a few little Zodiac details onto a ref sheet just for fun.

PC Master Race

Western: Gemini
Eastern: Fire Rat

Well... don't know how a rat would work out with Gemini... Would there be two rats that were literally on fire or something?
Or perhaps a rat that has four arms, and with the power to make a clone of himself/herself ? That could be fun.

That being said lthough, I do have a character that draws on some of the more symbolic elements of both Zodiacs, and whilst the character isn't a rat, their more ambigous design could offer a little bit of rat in there. Enough that I even added a few little Zodiac details onto a ref sheet just for fun.
Looks pretty adorable there mate :)