• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

YouTube Silences the Heathens

Endless Humiliation

Banned
Banned
Looks like JewTube and their corporate masters got what they want.

I'mma laugh when their traffic plummets due to this.

I also have a couple of videos with soundtrack audio but the music bitrate is no more than 96kbps at most AND it is NON-RIAA as well.

WHATA REBELL

STICK IT TO EM

I don't see what the problem is.

I'm sure most of the songs that will be affected by this are songs that are already on YouTube anyway.

Good riddance to bad everything.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
Have you ever seen any of David Firth's stuff? He scarcely does a single video/cartoon that doesn't use someone elses music, and they wouldn't have the same feel without it. And has already been mentioned, it's free publicity. I wouldn't even know who those artists were otherwise (Firth actually does his own music btw, but uses other music because it inspires a lot of his ideas).

You can argue about YouTube "covering their ass" and artistic integrity and yaddayadda all you want, but the reality is unless someone is making money off someone elses stuff, the only purpose it serves is for YouTube/other corporations to flex their ePeenz just because they can.

"Broadcast yourself"

Broadcast these nuts.

Kesslan

Wolf, I'm pretty sure Youtube isnt doing this sort of thing because it gets their jollies off.

More than likely they've been threatened with legal action, that even if they won, would cost them far more money than it's worth to them compared to going through all the content and 'muting' it.

Largley because of the odd concept the legal system has allowed in that makes it so that a content hoster must know the content of every single item they host, no matter how many random people upload things a day/minute/second blah blah blah.

I'm pretty sure, that dispite the buyout, Youtube doenst actually make a whole ton of money (Compared to what they can be potentialy sued for and run up in legal defence costs)

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
note I said Youtube/other corporations.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Anyway, long story short, boo-hoo, no more shitty home-made AMV's and no more amateurs riding on the popularity of (x song or musician).

I will continue to rejoice.

Kesslan

note I said Youtube/other corporations.

That may be the case but such a statement indicates you still lay plenty of blame etc with Youtube. Even if it's potentially entirely out of their hands. I certainly dont know the specifics of what ever caused this current trend.

Also, I find it kinda funny Runefox says there are now less crappy videos on youtube because of it, when allt he videos are still there, they are simply muted. Tough perhaps arguably this could be an improvement in some cases if htey have picked music rather poorly. However often I find it's rather the opposite. Good music, crap video. :p

Ah well, the world is at last proving the claim that the internet cannot be controled is a total and complete lie.

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
Man that sucks, youtube just lost some major cool points cause of this.

.Ein.

Dance Commander
Youtube had cool points?

Pretty soon you won't be able to beat off without getting sued by Warner or something. =P

WarMocK

I like to nuke ^^
Pretty soon you won't be able to beat off without getting sued by Warner or something. =P

Simply look for some free content in the web. They can't sue you for NOT using their music you know. ;-)

WarMocK

I like to nuke ^^
Yeah ... right ... ;-)
And based on what law exactly? No state that calles itself a democracy could bring up a law that forces its citizens to buy something. No matter what the morons from the IFPI say and do, they cannot forbid you to get something somebody else published for free. ^^

Beastcub

this.....really kinda sucks

yes there are alot of lame things on youtube like the "hey look what i found on deviant art and put together with music" crap but there are some fan-based music videos where they put alot fo work into arranging anime/movie/game clips to music for a really cool effect or for a very commiciall effect and it sucks that they will be gone

Kesslan

Yeah ... right ... ;-)
And based on what law exactly? No state that calles itself a democracy could bring up a law that forces its citizens to buy something. No matter what the morons from the IFPI say and do, they cannot forbid you to get something somebody else published for free. ^^

I trust in Corporate America to find a way. Afterall the North American legal system is responsible for allowing buglers the like to sue their victims for all sorts of crap. One case that comes to mind from Canada I belive, was one crook who was up on some one's roof trying to break in through the skylight over the kitchen. Below the skylight was a 'island' table. He falls through, lands on a kitchen knife which was sitting on the counter, gets it impaled part way into his leg, and then successfully sues the home owners for something the lines of injury due to 'Hazardous Environment' or some similar BS.

And he won.

So have many other people in similar cases. There's even at least rumors I've heard of some one successfully suing some one else for accidentally stepping on their toe.

I wouldn't put it past them to some how find some legal loop hole. Especially in a world where one can patent breathing, making a sandwich and hyperlinks amongst other inane things.

whoadamn

does this actually mean i shall finally be able to witness the end of the amv?

oh my jesus i think its time to celebrate

nedded

is a goat.
To quote from VulpVibe's homepage:
music piracy is looked down upon by large, greedy record and distribution labels. We are not either of those, and we understand that music piracy helps to spread the word better than any other means of advertising. So please, share your purchased mp3s with your friends...

Why can't Viacom and Warner grasp this concept?

Last edited:

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
They just don't learn. They went through this shit with VHS tapes, cassettes, CD-R/DVD-R. I mean MP3s have been around for how long without the record industry needing Washington to bail them out? :p

*Scratches head* Weren't people...NOT meant to be posting the stuff that is now being removed? I figured somewhere in the agreed ToS, that it probably states something like "Don't post shit, unless you created it, or have explicit permission to post it (i.e., actually contacting the person who made it)).

So...They're probably enforcing a rule that was most likely there to begin with, because a bunch of lawsuits probably popped up with the growing popularity. Yeah, it kinda sucks that they enforce something like that half-way in, but that's how the legal world turns :/