• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Zelda: Spirit Tracks DS

Did you enjoy Spirit Tracks?

• Yep!

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Trains... it was okay.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Not really.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I don't own that ga--

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
T

Tewin Follow

This game sure is the least fun Zelda game to date.
And that just shouldn't be. ;__;

I went all out on it, too, getting the limited hardback walkthrough and everything.

It's just... the train thing is super cute at first, then you realise that after you have the cannon it isn't getting any better. There's only the one tune that plays on an endless loop while slowly crawling across the world map unless one of those INSTANT GAME OVER ghost trains is around.
They're game ruiners... Having a challenge is fine, but they're way faster and can chase you around and around the same boring section of track.

There's no NEED to visit anywhere you've been before, either. I'm on the fourth section of the game, and according to my guide, near the end.

TL;DR: They gave Linebeck a hat. HE IS RUINED FOREVER.

I am disappoint.

SirRob

Are you serious? The game was better than Phantom Hourglass in almost every way. Yes... the fact that it was the same song throughout the whole overworld was kind of annoying, and for me that was the game's biggest flaw. But I really liked using the train, and the scenery was a lot better than the endless sea of blue you saw in Phantom Hourglass.

The game also had some really interesting dungeons and challenges, especially in the greatly improved main dungeon. I personally thought the last section of the Tower of Spirits was one of the best dungeons they've had in long time. They also integrated the new items pretty well.

The enemy trains don't ruin the game, they just make it so that you have to, you know, think while you're mapping out a route. I thought they added a lot to the experience, as you sort of had to be on your toes during the train sequences. Oh, and they're faster but you can always slow them down a bit by firing at them.

And yes, there's no NEED to visit anywhere you've been before, but there's a crap load of sidequests and minigames in each main station. And if sidequests aren't your thing, then you shouldn't really be playing a Zelda game...

Also, they didn't give Linebeck a hat. They gave his grandson a hat.

T

Tewin Follow

Are you serious? The game was better than Phantom Hourglass in almost every way. Yes... the fact that it was the same song throughout the whole overworld was kind of annoying, and for me that was the game's biggest flaw. But I really liked using the train, and the scenery was a lot better than the endless sea of blue you saw in Phantom Hourglass.

Your opinions on video games anger me.

Phantom Hourglass made the DS for me...
The blue ocean was just right-- the distances between islands weren't too far apart, but gave you time to enjoy the music, waves and seagulls.
I do like the landscapes in Spirit Tracks and looking for rabbits, but they're pretty boring once you've found the bunnies.

The game also had some really interesting dungeons and challenges, especially in the greatly improved main dungeon. I personally thought the last section of the Tower of Spirits was one of the best dungeons they've had in long time. They also integrated the new items pretty well.

Maybe it's just me, but blowing on the screen all the time in the first dungeon? FFFF--- annoying gimmick is gimmick.
Some puzzles were very clever, though, I'll give you that, but I was so hoping they wouldn't do another "so I herd u like visiting de same dungeon agen and agen?"
And then they did. Gah.
Zelda helping is cute, but she keeps getting stuck.
The enemy trains don't ruin the game, they just make it so that you have to, you know, think while you're mapping out a route. I thought they added a lot to the experience, as you sort of had to be on your toes during the train sequences. Oh, and they're faster but you can always slow them down a bit by firing at them.
Stop defending the bad trains. *FROWN*
Nothing about them fits into a Zelda game.

And yes, there's no NEED to visit anywhere you've been before, but there's a crap load of sidequests and minigames in each main station. And if sidequests aren't your thing, then you shouldn't really be playing a Zelda game...

Also, they didn't give Linebeck a hat. They gave his grandson a hat.
The sidequests are bad and Nintendo should feel bad. Jolene's dungeons are okay, though. The challenge is actually quite hard.

THEY KILLED LINEBECK ;____;

SirRob

Alright, well from here on out it's just gonna be my opinion against yours, so I'll just end here by saying this: It's not as bad as Legend of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon.

T

Tewin Follow

Alright, well from here on out it's just gonna be my opinion against yours, so I'll just end here by saying this: It's not as bad as Legend of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon.

We can never be friends.

Is that one of the CDi games? They don't count. THEY DON'T EXIST.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
It's like Wind Waker all over again..

right now, I'm stuck though..having trouble playing the duet with Embrose

Melkor

Embrace the pain!
I have it, and it got BORING! I couldn't believe it, the hourglass one was great but this one is just boring.

Fuh

I think I asked for this game for my birthday... I asked for either of the Zelda games. Oh man, hope it's not this one now!! >.<

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I have it, and it got BORING! I couldn't believe it, the hourglass one was great but this one is just boring.
The only let down of Phantom Hourglass that sticks out the most was going to the temple every time you beat a dungeon..and you had to start it over from the beginning every time you went back

Zydala

Kisses for everyone!
I think I asked for this game for my birthday... I asked for either of the Zelda games. Oh man, hope it's not this one now!! >.<

Why? It's not that bad. Plenty of people like it and think it was a great game, including myself. Since it's a birthday present I wouldn't be worried about not liking it; find out for yourself if it's a good game C:

Melkor

Embrace the pain!
The only let down of Phantom Hourglass that sticks out the most was going to the temple every time you beat a dungeon..and you had to start it over from the beginning every time you went back

Ya, but it was good nonetheless ( that spelled right?) Spirit tracks was incredibly retarded to me though, the story they tried to create in the beginning was terrible..

SirRob

You people are insane.

I have -no- idea how you people liked Phantom Hourglass and not this. Am I missing something here? What did Phantom Hourglass have that Spirit Tracks didn't improve?

Stratelier

Are you serious? The game was better than Phantom Hourglass in almost every way.

I completely agree with this, I found the game much more enjoyable than Phantom Hourglass too. Adding fire/ice elements to the boomerang gave it new uses, and the Sand wand was an awesome tool to be using. The final two dungeons (Desert Temple, top tier in the Tower of Spirits) were particularly mindbending, and in the good way.

Yes, train travel gets a bit boring but at least the rocks offer nice targets to alleviate the monotony.

Harabelle said:
Some puzzles were very clever, though, I'll give you that, but I was so hoping they wouldn't do another "so I herd u like visiting de same dungeon agen and agen?"
And then they did. Gah.
Yeah, another central dungeon for the whole game but they handled it much better around. Namely, no damned time limit, and you're not constantly having to re-solve the same puzzles over and over again on the previous floors. Every return trip to the dungeon was 100% new floors, and new abilities for Zelda to use once she hijacks a Phantom.

Tabasco

Phantom Hourglass sort of turned me off DS Zelda games. I don't plan on playing Spirit Tracks even as a lifelong fan, unless I start hearing some serious raves. Looks like the same yawn despite a bunch of nice features.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
You people are insane.

I have -no- idea how you people liked Phantom Hourglass and not this. Am I missing something here? What did Phantom Hourglass have that Spirit Tracks didn't improve?
Phantom Hourglass was like a follow up of Wind Waker..

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
So... how does that make the game better?
I was just stating that fact...

However, it is true that Spirit Tracks did add new abilities to the boomerang, so that way it's main function wasn't to just cut things down...
The pan flute however...while it did make good use of the mic, playing it was kinda frustrating...

SirRob

I was just stating that fact...

However, it is true that Spirit Tracks did add new abilities to the boomerang, so that way it's main function wasn't to just cut things down...
The pan flute however...while it did make good use of the mic, playing it was kinda frustrating...
Yeah... that is one of the other main reasons why people hate this game. Personally, I had no issues with the mic whatsoever; I actually thought it was pretty fun.

D

Deleted member 3615

It's okay, I would have enjoyed more dungeons, bomb spots, and puzzles....more that choo-choo time and firing the canon at everything ^o^

I want a zelda game where you get the SHOVEL and you can dig up a whole block of land just for the heck of it ^^

Stratelier

I want a zelda game where you get the SHOVEL and you can dig up a whole block of land just for the heck of it ^^
Redneck weeding of a random Hylian's flower garden is one of the more obscure (but equally timeless) Zelda traditions. I actually liked the shovel in Phantom Hourglass more than previous incarnations once I discovered you could fill up the holes after digging them.