• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Zootopia, yay or nay?

D

Domjoe414

Hey y'all, so I've heard from people who both like and dislike this movie, and I want to ask, what do you think?
did you like it or dislike it, and why?
personally I loved it, probably because I like modern animation and it was the first furry movie I saw which was made in that style. plus I liked the characters a ton and thought it had a compelling story

Last edited by a moderator:

Benji Digipawz

I only saw it once, but I got to say yay on that. All the character had their own perks to them, which made them all stand out in different ways. Not to mention like you said, the animation was beautiful. I still want to explore more of the Zootopia universe if there's ever a sequel next, like other animal species and everything else. Most likely this would be my favorite animated animal movie, second being The Lion King.

Kinare

RAWR
It's a top 5 movie for me. (That said, I don't see many movies and am picky af.) I liked it before really getting into the furry fandom, so for me it's not about "furry movie, yay" - I actually enjoy the characters, story, and message of "don't judge a book by it's cover" because I have struggled with being judged so much myself.

TimFox

I only saw it once, but I got to say yay on that. All the character had their own perks to them, which made them all stand out in different ways. Not to mention like you said, the animation was beautiful. I still want to explore more of the Zootopia universe if there's ever a sequel next, like other animal species and everything else. Most likely this would be my favorite animated animal movie, second being The Lion King.

Rumors are there are no cats, birds or dogs in the movie, because animals fought against humans (and won) and only those fought side by side with he humans.

Weird thought x__x

redhusky

Emperor of Floof! King of the Rats and Spamlord!
Nay. It's a nice looking film but the story got watered down and changed during production due to the political climate and who was paying for it. As a "police story" it missed the point completely unlike films like 80's RoboCop 1 and 2 that tackled the message of police corruption and responsibility to the public. What we got in the end was a mediocre, predictable product that felt incomplete. Personally, I think they should have made a series and given more time to explain both sides fairly in a humorous way like they do in shows like "American Dad".

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Nay. It's a nice looking film but the story got watered down and changed during production due to the political climate and who was paying for it. As a "police story" it missed the point completely unlike films like 80's RoboCop 1 and 2 that tackled the message of police corruption and responsibility to the public. What we got in the end was a mediocre, predictable product that felt incomplete. Personally, I think they should have made a series and given more time to explain both sides fairly in a humorous way like they do in shows like "American Dad".
American Dad this was a kid's show first and foremost lol

redhusky

It's fine, but I unfortunately liked the characters more than the movie they were in. I wasn't really interested in what was happening, and it was fairly predictable (even considering the target demographic).

I'd definitely recommend Fantastic Mr. Fox before recommending Zootopia, but there may be a slight bias there as I saw the former first.
I agree Mr. Fox > Zootopia.

Also, if you want to explore the discrimination angle with anthros you should read the Beaststars manga. Being not Disney shit gets far more real.

JustAlex1997

Autumn the Squirrel
I agree Mr. Fox > Zootopia.

Also, if you want to explore the discrimination angle with anthros you should read the Beaststars manga. Being not Disney shit gets far more real.

I've been considering it, but I probably won't get around to doing it for a while. I have a lot of entertainment on my plate already.

Shane the chocco doggo

Overly imaginative and lazy
I denied my liking of the furry fandom for a bit until Zootopia came out. After watching the movie i just had to pick up a pencil and make my own fursona . I absolutely love that Movie . And i think i speak for all furries when i say this but I absolutely love Nick he's AWESOME!!! All the characters in the movie are awesome especially the tigers but Nick and Judy are the best

redhusky

I like both zootopia and beastars.