• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Zootopia, yay or nay?

Yastreb

I have watched it twice (dubbed and original) and liked it. The setting was believeable enough to be taken seriously. The difficulties of having all the species in the same society were downplayed, but still they were not ignored. You could clearly see the moral message, but it was not rubbed in as much as in many children's films.

Lexiand

Fabulous Pixel lycanthrope of sparkly rainbows.
Zootopia was a good movie. The movie made me thought that there was an infection spreading that is making the animals go savage...
I LEGIT THOUGHT THAT THERE WAS A ZOMBIE LIKE VIRUS GOING AROUND.

bandit_husky

give me pats
i find the cartoon eyes appealing which is why i'm more drawn to BNA than beastars or zootopia

T

thatisekaihero

Zootopia is my favorite Disney movie, with Big Hero 6 taking second place. I enjoyed the amazing animation and the creative world building of the city throughout the movie.

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
I'm sick of it but only because I've watched it 7,000 times.

And I have three Nick plushies. That's all I'm saying.

(I mostly love him because I love Nick from the video game Left4Dead2. They're basically the same character.)

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
Zootopia was a good movie. The movie made me thought that there was an infection spreading that is making the animals go savage...
I LEGIT THOUGHT THAT THERE WAS A ZOMBIE LIKE VIRUS GOING AROUND.

OMG, I DIDN'T EVEN THINK OF THAT.

It further proves my theory about Nick, lol.

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
I thought it was fun, but it fell into the trap of Disney trying to turn everything into some kind of "social justice" lesson. I thought they beat the audience over the head with it a little too much.
Other than that, it was still entertaining.

I just never want to hear that damn song again.

Lexiand

Fabulous Pixel lycanthrope of sparkly rainbows.
I saw the deleted scenes and now i think they could have done more with zootopia

fernshiine

I prefer Beastars but if I'm being honest, for a kid's movie Zootopia ain't too bad.

Rhyn Corinn

I loved it so much the first time I saw it!!! (that was a little over four years ago, yikes it's been forever...) I have been obsessed with predator/prey dynamics for...basically forever, but I think seeing Zootopia was one of the things that really made me realize it. Seriously, when I first saw the movie I was so excited afterwards and I had no idea why! Then I went into a depression for months because it was all I could think about and nothing lived up to it...

In retrospect it's almost certainly because at that point I didn't know of any other media anywhere that focused so heavily on the predator/prey aspect, but I didn't realize at the time just how much of an effect that had on me. Even four years later it's still one of my favorite movies, though it doesn't excite me nearly to the extent that it once did. Back then seeing any kind of story talk about pred/prey stuff that much was unheard of for me, unless it was something I made up myself (and that never feels the same anyway). Last year I got into reading fanfics of it and then a little before 2020 I started writing my own, which I'm still working on now.

I will say that now that I've seen Beastars, it's definitely close between the two...I liked that Beastars made the pred/prey stuff a bigger deal, but I also really don't like the way the hands and feet were done in that show (too human-like). Also it's funny everyone talks about the analogies or whatever in Zootopia about the real world, because I didn't even notice any of that when I first watched it. I think it's because I had spent so much time fantasizing about sentient animal interactions, specifically predator/prey, so I never thought that was meant to be an analogy for anything. For me, I've always been far more interested in sentient animal stuff anyway, so the idea that animals could only be an analogy for something in the human world...I just find strange. idk

Overall, I think it's safe to say that after seeing Zootopia, I was never the same again.

D

Domjoe414

Whow, this thread is still alive? hehe dang.
I have to admit, my opinions of zootopia have changed. While I still think it's fun, and enjoy the characters to some degree, it's a bit preachy and predictable

Rhyn Corinn

Whow, this thread is still alive? hehe dang.
I have to admit, my opinions of zootopia have changed. While I still think it's fun, and enjoy the characters to some degree, it's a bit preachy and predictable
I can kinda see the preachiness a bit now...I'll probably always love it for what it meant to me at the time, though. With the disturbingly small amount of pred/prey content out there, I can't really afford to be upset over details too much lol.