• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

ZOTOB attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying_box

i heard from CNN that there was a virus/worm/whatever was released around new york and washington.
it took out major networks like nike, some att, and so on....not to mention it took out some power plants.

the power plant thing just made it scary.
Now what? a hack that can launch U.S's nukes? :shock:

RavingRat

You really are a fuckwit aint you? Do you really think that a nuclear weap silos control systems would be even remotely connected to the internets. Its just like, er....

NO!

cpctail

Cream the Rabbit addict
YOu never know. More and more things are running through the internet lately. Even things that probably shouldn't. *shrugs*

nobuyuki

if I remember right, nukes have a failsafe where you need at LEAST 2 if not 3 people to launch a nuke, they must all turn a key at the same time, AND get the secret code word from the higher ups, which changes EVERY SINGLE DAY NO LESS. The thing is nowhere near automated to authorize a launch, that code word part alone is an antiquated way of securing such things. The keys are another.

Think of it like a light switch. If I have 3 light switches and there's no circuit made, the light isn't gonna turn on unless you actually have access to the bulb and power it some other way. Ain't gonna happen. Hackers have to access the thing theoretically using that same circuit everone else uses, and that means they get stuck at the physical key switches.

G

o_O Well, knowing our government, they have the net hooked up to the pentagon to get MP3's... XD

Flying_box

anything can happen with these virusmakers, i know about the failsafes and all that. but what if they do get through?
i mean they shut down nike for a while, which is massive.

cpctail

Cream the Rabbit addict
Honestly, it may not seem possible now. But that's now things get better as time goes on, including stronger viruses and smarter hackers. So all in all, it still could be possible.

SSJ3Mewtwo

Closing this due to necro.

Status
Not open for further replies.